“Great hotel”

Hilton Reading
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Reading
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed there with my daughter and we loved it. The hotel has fee parking for guests which is very handy in the UK. It's about 6 mins drive to town center. The hotel staff is very friendly. Breakfast was good and the gym was also good. It's has everything you need and it's clean! And note dated. Only downside is that it's far away from center and there is nothing around excerpt for residential area. We enjoyed it and really liked the place and consider its a good value for money!

Stayed: September 2014
Aimee A, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Valentin S

Thank you for posting such a positive comment following your stay at the Hilton Reading.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and that you found the hotel to be great.

We look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I am not a fan of the big chains but was very impressed with this hotel. We only stayed one night and my daughter and I travelled separately to meet my husband who was returning from an overseas business trip. On arrival there were no issues with the check in and on seeing that my daughter was checking in with me she was given a cookie, drink and an activity pack which she was delighted with. She was also asked to complete her own reservation card which was a lovely touch.

We arrived in our room and her bed was made up with extra towels and extra toiletries - this latter part is so often forgotten when there are extra people in rooms.

At breakfast the next morning we were extremely well looked after and I must complement all the staff we met at the hotel. They were all very friendly and welcoming both to us as adults and our daughter.

Thoroughly impressed with this hotel - would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Ashraf N, General Manager at Hilton Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2015

Dear LizzyDizzy_11

Thank you for the great review regarding your most recent experience. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay.

It is testament to the efforts the team has made to provide exceptional service throughout your stay. It also illustrates the hotel's commitment towards excellence and providing state of the art amenities.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Reading once again in the near future.

With Kind Regards.

Ashraf Nabih

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to a Hilton and maybe I was expecting something better than b&b service, I must say it did not make it that far, arrived just after check in time to be told my room was not ready, so I gave it about an hour and asked if my room was ready only to be told that it still was not ready, I explained I had been on the road for 5 hours and needed to freshen up and change for an engagement only to be asked if I could not do this in another's couples room in our party, no I can NOT I paid for a room of my own, eventually got a room an hour and a half after book in time, just time to change and go with no time to rest, very poor

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Andy C

Dear Andy C

Thank you for posting a review on the hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion and it is very regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak with you before you left us.

As thoughts and experiences from our guests are very much appreciated and are used to rectify any shortfalls highlighted to us, your time permitting, would you kindly contact me on sallyanne.allen@hilton.com, so that I can further investigate your comments. I would like to reassure you, such issues are not at all indicative of the high service standards we usually demonstrate and I would offer our unreserved apologies.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Everything about this Hilton was as you would expect, other than the bed! Checked in, went out for dinner and returned later in the evening. Upon laying down, could feel springs! Terrible night for wife and myself. In the morning, found that mattress was sagging over sides of bed rails and was scalloped. Complained during checkout and was asked why I had not called down at midnight to complain and have maintenance resolve issue! I did receive 20% off the bill, but won't stay there again. Room 123 also suffers from some road noise from the nearby A33, but only from the sirens.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Richard T

I am sorry to read about your dilemma with the matress. We pride ourselves on our customer service and any complaint is taken very seriously.

Can I ask that you please contact me on sallyanne.allen@hilton.com to discuss this issue.

PA to the General manager

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Stayed for one night at the property. Everything was pretty good. The staff was very friendly. F&B was excellent. The room air conditioning needs to have a look.
Looking forward to visiting again
Good luck
Shovan
HHonors Diamond Member

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shovan S

Dear Shovan S

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Hilton Reading. We appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback of your stay, and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and can assure you the air conditioning will be checked out by maintenance.

I look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I booked an advance dinner, bed and breakfast rate directly with the hotel as I had booked a TravelZoo experience in the spa. Unfortunately the spa treatments were cancelled (They are separate to the hotel) and I was understandably upset that the I was now left with an unrefundable booking with no spa for what was supposed to be a girly spa weekend.

However, Hilton to the rescue! The managers at the Hilton were superb - prime examples of brilliant customer service. My booking was changed (with the difference refunded) to their shopper package, which included wifi, parking and a voucher for use at the Oracle. We were also offered a discount off any bar purchases and late checkout should we need it.

Check in was smooth and the twin room was lovely, clean and bright. The TV has lots of channels and radio and the bathroom was modern and bright. We had dinner at the hotel and opted for a la carte not buffet. The food was really good. There's a Costa in the lobby area and a lobby bar as well.

We came back to our room to find a bottle of wine, which was a lovely touch and very much appreciated. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and kept refreshed right up until the end of service. We also used the pool and sauna/steam room which although small are perfectly serviceable and well-kept.

All-in-all a great stay, with wonderful staff and true Hilton service. Would definitely stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: We were on a corner so it was quiet. I think it may be noisier by the lifts.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank hac07

Dear hh07

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Hilton Reading. We appreciate you taking the time to leave detailed feedback of your stay, and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and I am pleased to see that your comments supports this.

I look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed here for one night when I attended the Reading Festival. The staff were very friendly and even took our bag up to our room whilst we were at the festival. It was a bit out of the town and a little while from the festival grounds so we had to catch taxi to and from the hotel. It was great to come back to a lovely clean and confortable room after being at the festival.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cassmf

Thank you for your positive comment of the Hilton Reading.

We are pleased to see your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to another opportunity when we can welcome you back once more.