“Excellent Indian cuisine”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Excellent Indian cuisine. Service is very friendly if you order take out and wait for the food they often provide free drink.

Date of visit: August 2013
Write a reviewReviews (182)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Decided to have an indian meal as I was staying in a hotel nearby and wanted a change.

The food was not too bad but not fantastic just average....and they charge fantastic prices!

I had a starter a curry and a paratha and some rice. The paratha, which was dry and tasteless was £3.95 and the keema rice was £3.50 and rather bland. I had a beer which was £4.95 and a mango lassi which was £3.95. The little "extras" came to over £16.00 so with the starter and curry my bill was just under £30.00. Then they added 10% service charge so my dinner cost £33.00 minus a couple of pence!

The cost in itself is not excessive but it is not cheap either...and the food was just average. I have had far better indian food at a fraction of the price in other parts of the country.

I think I will not be dining here when I return to the area as I am sure that I can find better food at a more reasonable price!

Date of visit: November 2013
1  Thank Cags1970
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Nice restaurant for in and take out. Good personality have the owner. Tandoori dishes are very nice and naan breads are nice.

Date of visit: December 2012
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Not very happy with this place; we weren't impressed with a take-out from here a year or so ago but thought we'd give it another try. In summary :

Advantages
---------------
Big car park
Lots of choice on the menu
Nice ambience
Food tastes OK to Good; tarka dhall very nice, garlic naan good

Disadvantages
------------------
Poor cut of salmon in the salmon curry, bits of skin etc, I expect better than that
congealed prawns in the prawn curry, I expect better than that
Bill was added up wrong on our visit; we don't complain, we just don't go there again
Too expensive.

Date of visit: October 2013
1  Thank guitardog
Reviewed 26 October 2013

First time in this restaurant for me. My companion was a regular and recommended dishes for me. They chose off menu and had half tandoori lamb and half tandoori king prawn, which was exceptional. My version of tandoori lamb balti was lovely. The food was of the highest order but the service was a little wayward. Had to ask three times for a jug of water and other drinks. Did not detract too much from the overall experience.

Date of visit: October 2013