“Superb”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reading, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Definitely our favourite Indian! We've tried lots of different places and none come close. It's our first takeaway and eating choice! Especially with the excellent Sunday buffet..

The restaurant itself is lovely, and the staff are always friendly and talkative! Always makes you feel welcome. The food is amazing, and I couldn't recommend the Cinnamon Tree more.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank BenjF14

Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian cuisine”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Excellent Indian cuisine. Service is very friendly if you order take out and wait for the food they often provide free drink.

• Visited August 2013
Liverpool
“Had a lot better for the price they charge.”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Decided to have an indian meal as I was staying in a hotel nearby and wanted a change.

The food was not too bad but not fantastic just average....and they charge fantastic prices!

I had a starter a curry and a paratha and some rice. The paratha, which was dry and tasteless was £3.95 and the keema rice was £3.50 and rather bland. I had a beer which was £4.95 and a mango lassi which was £3.95. The little "extras" came to over £16.00 so with the starter and curry my bill was just under £30.00. Then they added 10% service charge so my dinner cost £33.00 minus a couple of pence!

The cost in itself is not excessive but it is not cheap either...and the food was just average. I have had far better indian food at a fraction of the price in other parts of the country.

I think I will not be dining here when I return to the area as I am sure that I can find better food at a more reasonable price!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cags1970
London, United Kingdom
“AS USUAL”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Nice restaurant for in and take out. Good personality have the owner. Tandoori dishes are very nice and naan breads are nice.

• Visited December 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
“Too expensive for average food”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Not very happy with this place; we weren't impressed with a take-out from here a year or so ago but thought we'd give it another try. In summary :

Advantages
---------------
Big car park
Lots of choice on the menu
Nice ambience
Food tastes OK to Good; tarka dhall very nice, garlic naan good

Disadvantages
------------------
Poor cut of salmon in the salmon curry, bits of skin etc, I expect better than that
congealed prawns in the prawn curry, I expect better than that
Bill was added up wrong on our visit; we don't complain, we just don't go there again
Too expensive.