“Hidden gem - lovely Sunday buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cinnamon Tree

Cinnamon Tree
Ranked #177 of 614 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem - lovely Sunday buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We were looking for somewhere to eat late Sunday and spotted what looked like a lovely traditional pub and pulled in.

We are so glad we stopped as this was one of the weekends highlights. Gorgeous dining space and a lovely all you can eat buffet for under £10.
There wasn't a massive choice but what was available was cooked beautifully and replenished quickly. Staff were attentive and very friendly throughout service.

We have already decided when we head back to reading in a few weeks we are going back!

• Visited February 2014

Reading, United Kingdom
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Definitely our favourite Indian! We've tried lots of different places and none come close. It's our first takeaway and eating choice! Especially with the excellent Sunday buffet..

The restaurant itself is lovely, and the staff are always friendly and talkative! Always makes you feel welcome. The food is amazing, and I couldn't recommend the Cinnamon Tree more.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank BenjF14
Reading, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Excellent Indian cuisine. Service is very friendly if you order take out and wait for the food they often provide free drink.

• Visited August 2013
Liverpool
“Had a lot better for the price they charge.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Decided to have an indian meal as I was staying in a hotel nearby and wanted a change.

The food was not too bad but not fantastic just average....and they charge fantastic prices!

I had a starter a curry and a paratha and some rice. The paratha, which was dry and tasteless was £3.95 and the keema rice was £3.50 and rather bland. I had a beer which was £4.95 and a mango lassi which was £3.95. The little "extras" came to over £16.00 so with the starter and curry my bill was just under £30.00. Then they added 10% service charge so my dinner cost £33.00 minus a couple of pence!

The cost in itself is not excessive but it is not cheap either...and the food was just average. I have had far better indian food at a fraction of the price in other parts of the country.

I think I will not be dining here when I return to the area as I am sure that I can find better food at a more reasonable price!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cags1970
London, United Kingdom
“AS USUAL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Nice restaurant for in and take out. Good personality have the owner. Tandoori dishes are very nice and naan breads are nice.

• Visited December 2012