“Great place awesome food ”
Review of Cinnamon Tree

Cinnamon Tree
Ranked #171 of 623 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

By far the best curry house in Berkshire. The food is excellent with fantastic presentation & service. I can't say enough good things about this place.

Write a reviewReviews (182)

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Indian Restaurants are not my favourite but we decided to go with some friends to the Cinnamon Tree. I find that the majority of Indian establishments put so much spice that you can not tell the difference between a fish dish and a meat dish. The range of dishes here was different to the majority of Indian Restaurants and with varying levels of spiciness and hotness there were plenty to choose from.

The service was very efficient and helpful, drinks were reasonably priced, even a complementary drink at the end of the meal, although I had to decline mine being the driver for the evening! The tables were very smart, comfortable high sided chairs although where we sat there was not much room to move our chairs back, good job I am not overweight. The one thing our party found amusing was that at the end of the main course the waiter removed the nice white table cloth, although we had not spilled any food to reveal another table cloth underneath that was stained!

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We were looking for somewhere to eat late Sunday and spotted what looked like a lovely traditional pub and pulled in.

We are so glad we stopped as this was one of the weekends highlights. Gorgeous dining space and a lovely all you can eat buffet for under £10.
There wasn't a massive choice but what was available was cooked beautifully and replenished quickly. Staff were attentive and very friendly throughout service.

We have already decided when we head back to reading in a few weeks we are going back!

Date of visit: February 2014
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Excellent Indian cuisine. Service is very friendly if you order take out and wait for the food they often provide free drink.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Decided to have an indian meal as I was staying in a hotel nearby and wanted a change.

The food was not too bad but not fantastic just average....and they charge fantastic prices!

I had a starter a curry and a paratha and some rice. The paratha, which was dry and tasteless was £3.95 and the keema rice was £3.50 and rather bland. I had a beer which was £4.95 and a mango lassi which was £3.95. The little "extras" came to over £16.00 so with the starter and curry my bill was just under £30.00. Then they added 10% service charge so my dinner cost £33.00 minus a couple of pence!

The cost in itself is not excessive but it is not cheap either...and the food was just average. I have had far better indian food at a fraction of the price in other parts of the country.

I think I will not be dining here when I return to the area as I am sure that I can find better food at a more reasonable price!

Date of visit: November 2013