“Lovely food!”

Ranked #102 of 614 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Lovely food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food here is really lovely and defiantly worth trying! Prices are reasonable and staff were very accommodating.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mica G

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
berkshire
“Never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Went there for lunch today. Menu dumped before us & no mention of Specials by the waiter.
Ordered the bread selection which arrived followed by our mains. I had the burger which was raw in the middle and despite trying to catch someone's attention we were ignored.
Eventually when a waiter came to the table he asked if the food was ok and when I told him no and it was obvious the meal had been left he clucked on about how I should have got him. Well no sunshine this is your job to check not for me to come & find you.
Told him it's not the norm to bring along a starter & then bring along the mains but we were given the usual excuses about timings etc.
We won't be back -plenty of better places to go in Reading

• Visited May 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
“Pick another place to eat!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Visited with my boyfriend. The place was very busy. We had bread for starter and pasta for main. Bread was very good. However the pasta was horrible. I had carbonara and it tasted like it had been cooked in the microwave. When I go out for dinner I expect better food then I can cook, not food I feel like I can cook better. The price for the dinner was ridiculously high for such poor food. We were very disappointed.
Any other Italian restaurant in Reading is better than Jamie's and significantly cheaper. We will not be returning to this chain again.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Nothing special ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Ever wanted to go to a Jamie's Italian place. Being there, I am not sure I will go again. Food was ok but nothing really special. Portions were quite small and place so loud one had to almost shout to eachother .....

Visited May 2014
“Exceptional Food and Service - So good we went twice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We based ourselves in Reading over the Bank Holiday weekend, visiting London and other points during the days and eating in Reading in the evenings.

Jamie's is located within a newish waterside complex with every chain eatery imaginable in the vicinity. Eventually we decided on Jamie's as the other places are available closer to home. It was Saturday night and quite busy so we had to wait for a table, but no problem and the waitress who took us up to the table was very apologetic and exceptionally friendly.

The waiter who looked after us (I didn't catch his name but he was a tall chap originally from Goa) was one of the nicest, most efficient and friendliest waiters I have ever met. The food itself was absolutely superb and we enjoyed the experience so much we want back the next night despite the choice of other places, when the meal was even better!

I am a big fan of quality chains and I have never had a bad experience at the likes of Zizzi and Pizza Express but Jamie's is a cut above. For somewhere that could easily be complacent and a touch arrogant and get away with it because of the name it was such a nice surprise to experience such good food and be looked after so well. Quite possibly the best meal I have ever had at a chain.

• Visited May 2014