Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$100
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$134
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$90
  • Restaurant
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$76
Travelocity
US$95
PremierInn.com
1,084 results
All reviewsthe club loungebalcony roombalcony overlooking the riverbanks of the riversecure parkingcaversham bridgespa facilitiesduty managerhealth clubtown centrecar parklovely hotelreception staffweekend breaklate checkhotel is situatedsunday morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I booked this hotel with my sister through a secret hotel deal and therefore didn't know what to expect. When we got there we were greeted with very professional and friendly staff, a pristine hotel and room, secure keypad entry car park for both our cars and a fantastic Elemis spa. We ate in the restaurant in the evening which was very reasonably priced (the same as any high street restaurant), were serenaded by piano after dinner and the following day we received commentary cookies with our pot of tea! We felt we hit the jackpot and were sad to check out the following day.

• Stayed: February 2014
Daniel L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Crowne Plaza Reading, I was thrilled to learn that you had such a great stay.

I do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future to repeat your experience at the hotel!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Location: just outside the city centre, quite easy to find. You can walk to the shopping area.

Check in: it was quick, the receptionist was friendly. The reception area and the bar are very nice. And so are the corridors to the rooms.

Room: This is where it goes wrong. The room was quite small for an Executive twin. The twin beds could not be moved apart because of the built in bedside table. I was expecting better from a premium room, but it looked like the same size as the standard rooms. The room had a horrible smell, sadly it was too cold to leave the balcony door open too long to let fresh air in. I asked to be moved and that was done without any problems. The 2nd room was equally compact but at least didn't have the stale smell. Both rooms looked a bit dated, there was only 1 bottle of still water in the fridge, and both rooms lacked the aromatherapy kit. It makes you think they're running this hotel on a tight budget. The bathroom was also a bit dated, the tub had signs of heavy use and some stains.

Club Lounge: it looked really nice on a sunny afternoon but sadly the evening drinks and canapes were very poor compared to other Crowne Plazas in the area (Heathrow and Marlow offer a much better selection). I would have liked to see some spirits or at least soda water to make myself a white wine spritzer. The food was very basic, crisps, olives and dips. Breakfast was a bit better but again, it looked like it was done on the cheap, the pastries didn't look fresh.

Leisure: The pool area looks really great and it was the reason to stay. It looks a lot better than most hotels in the area, like it was recently refurbished.

I would have liked to score this hotel higher but the rooms and Club lounge food let it down, perhaps I should have booked a standard room as I didn't see a lot of difference between them.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel L, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel, I was obviously disappointed to learn that you got the impression that we were trying to run the hotel on the cheap and cut corners, I can assure you that is not the case and I apologise if you got that impression I shall review your comments closely and we will try to improve.

I hope that you will give us another try again in the near future

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights this week. It was an overall excellent experience from all perspective. Had a very good river facing room with balcony. Elegantly furnished room, with clean well-sized bathroom and free WIFI left nothing to be desired.
Icing on the cake was the hospitality and courteousness of the staff everywhere: housekeeping, resraurant, lounge abd front-desk. They even allowed me an early check-in when I arrived at 9:00 in the morning after a 7 hours flight from Dubai.
Location is also good with many eating joints in immediate vicinity of the hotel.
Honestly I am extremely impressed and would sure be staying at this hotel in all my future visits to Reading.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

I was so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at The Crowne Plaza Reading and that the team looked after you so well and went out of their way to recognise a special occasion for you!

I hope that you will be back to see us again in the near future!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here 14th - 17th Feb. Great weekend our room was really nice clean maid service every morning fresh towels. Breakfast was really nice plenty of choice. Reception Staff were really nice in fact all the staff were fab nothing was too much trouble. We didn't use leisure facilities. Town Centre and train station were about 10 minute walk great for getting into London which we did. What was a lovely touch to our weekend was on the Sunday my birthday on returning to our room there was a bowl of fruit and a happy birthday helium balloon. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

It was really very kind of you to take the time to write such a great review of The Crwone Plaza Reading, we are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much.

I hope that you will be able to come back and repeat the experience in the very near future?

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in early January for a week of meetings. Can only say that I was very happy with the service and the facilities. The reception was also very responsive when we arrived very early the first morning after a 14-hour flight and quickly found us rooms. We were a bit concerned that we would have to wait until noon before we could get the rooms, rest a little and freshen up. The wifi connectivity was excellent and the breakfast was good. Would certainly consider this for my next business trip here without any hesitation.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

I was really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Crowne Plaza Reading and it was good of you to take the time to review the hotel.

We hope that we can welcome you back for a return visit in the near future