“Would reccommend this Hotel.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Would reccommend this Hotel.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed in this Hotel for 1 night with my Husband and could not fault our stay.
We chose this Hotel due to the location and free parking. We were not disappointed! The car park is secure and right next to the Hotel-You are given a code to get out.
The room was clean and adequate. The shower was powerful and had big bath sheet towels. There was a selection of tea and coffee as well as biscuits and chocolates.
On Check-in they warned us they had a function on and put us in the quieter part of the Hotel. We could slightly hear it but not enough to disturb our sleep. The Hotel is next to a river which is really nice as can be viewed whilst having breakfast.
Location wise the Hotel is a 5 min drive from City Centre, probably about 15 mins on foot.
I would not hesitate on staying there again if in Reading.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HollyP186225
Ashish J, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear HollyP186225
“We want to thank you for your business and for choosing the Crowne Plaza Reading as your preferred Hotel”, The Staff will certainly be delighted to read your comments and glad to see that you will definitely stay again.
As rightly mentioned by you, that our reception staff are very proactive and ensure that all the ongoing activities are communicated to our Guests and where possible we allocate quieter rooms to our Guest, so our Guests could have a “Good Night Sleep”.
Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Crowne Plaza Reading.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed one night with my husband. Room over looked the Thames with the most beautiful view. Had a light lunch which was good. Room was very comfy and all the staff we encountered were very friendly. Would stay again and definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ashish J, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear redharvey64_10
I would like to thank you for your positive review and would like to acknowledge that the team here are privileged to read your nice comments.

I am really pleased to see that you had a lovely stay and that you recommend the Crowne Plaza Reading.

Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Fareham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here with friends to celebrate a wedding anniversary and overall had a very good stay. Had a Balcony Suite with excellent views of the Thames and the room was very comfortable and spacious. Great access directly onto the riverbank for long walks in both directions along the Thames, and into Reading if you fancy some shopping. The FOH staff were welcoming and friendly and access to the Club Lounge with free drinks Happy Hour was a nice benefit of being in a suite. My only negative comment(s) was that service on the outside terrace was quite slow for drinks and lunch, due to, I think, just not having enough staff, and tables were very slow to be cleared. Could also do with an occassional sweep as alot of cigarette butts lying around. But in context of the overall stay quite minor, and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a great break.

Room Tip: We had a balcony Suite which has the benefit of great views straight over the Thames and an unusual...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Andrew S
Thanks for your review about your recent stay, I am really pleased to see that Front of House Staff members were welcoming and that overall, you had a very good stay.
Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention, I have taken this matter up with my Food and Beverage Team and conveyed them your comments, certainly your comments are very constructive.
We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently for 2.5 days, and had a very nice stay overall. The hotel is virtually on the Thames, and I was lucky to get a room facing the river. Seeing the flowing river and the huge number of swans and geese was very relaxing. I had a problem one day with my card keys not working. I was given duplicate card keys, which too did not work. One of the hotel staff then came with me and let me in using the physical key. He tried very hard to fix the electronic lock on my door, but it did not work. For the remainder of my stay someone had to let me in to my room. While this was a bit annoying, I really appreciate the concern and friendliness of the night manager Gareth, who tried his best to make it up to me. He was also very nice when he checked me in earlier, taking care to explain all the features of the hotel.

I was also very pleasantly surprised the next morning as I was checking out that the Front Desk Manager, Farouk, also apologized for the inconvenience caused to me, and awarded me bonus points for my stay and waived the breakfast charges. What I appreciate is that he did all this with a genuine smile. Thanks, Gareth & Farouk!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Thames.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear ravi4travel
Thanks for your review about your recent stay. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and I am really pleased to see that Farrukh and Gareth made your stay worthwhile.
I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any tiresomeness caused due to the faulty key card system; this issue is now been resolved.
Thanks again for recognising the efforts made by Gareth and Farrukh, in particular their service recovery and the genuine caring attitude.
We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Enjoyed my stay here, reception staff very welcoming. Very comfortable beds and rooms were well appointed. Nice terrace leading to the river bank, food was good, parking easy as own secure car park. I was here on business and am happy to recommend this as a venue for business meetings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the side away from the road as hotel is adjacent to a very busy roundabout so nois...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Ashish J, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for your positive review and recommending us as a venue for business meetings.
I am pleased to hear that the reception staff members were very welcoming, the food was good and rooms were well appointed, the team here are privileged to read your kind comments!

We look forward to welcoming to back to the Crowne Plaza Reading.
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I always look forward to returning to this hotel due to its unique setting by the river.

Warm freindly welcome by the team on reception.

The hotel is always very well maintained.

Great room with a balcony so nice to sit out in the evening and watch the world go by, even on a rainy Saturday morning the river view is very peaceful.

Also the decor of the room is reds and browns which make it feel very cosy.

The bathroom was very clean with nice shampoo, bath gel and lots of soft towels.

Good in room facilities for making tea/coffee and a small fridge.

The room had been fitted with a new flat screen t.v. would like to have had more radio stations, perhaps this part of the system will be upgraded soon.

The restaurant and bar area are large open plan and there is an outside terrace with brilliant views on to the river, once again really clean and bright.

Excellent nights sleep and another very enjoyable stay.

I would definitely recommend this hotel due it's consistent high standard and helpful friendly team members.

Very much looking forward to my next stay when in the area.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for a room with a balcony with river view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Ashish J, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Andy H
We, at the Crowne Plaza Reading, thrive ourselves in creating memorable experiences for our Guest, and I conclude from your comments that you are an extremely Happy Guest, what matters most to us, is that you will come and stay with us-again and again!
Thanks for recognising the efforts of the Team here, and we at the Crowne Plaza Reading are really thrilled to get this fantastic review!
Overall, I see this as a Seamless Service, and I very much hope that we continue with the same pace.
Once again, many thanks for your positive review and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Hotel Operations Manager
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for one night and found it very comfortable. Great position on the river! We booked a couple of days in advance and got a fantastic rate - which included a full buffet breakfast - which was excellent. We shall certainly stay here agian - especially if we can get the same room rate!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear BrownowlLynne
“We want to thank you for your business and for choosing the Crowne Plaza Reading as your preferred Hotel”, we are really pleased to see that you got a fantastic rate with full English breakfast and that your stay was comfortable and you liked the location by the river.
So, another visit from you this summer will even be more delightful, Our Terrace Restaurant is fully functional- this is where you can relax and enjoy your snacks and drinks with the scenic views of river Thames.

Hotel Operations Manager