1,131 results
All reviewsthe club loungeriver viewexecutive roomsecure parkingcaversham bridgespa facilitiesduty managerhealth clubtown centresteam roomcar parklovely hotelweekend breakreception staffhotel is situatedsunday morningbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 13 October 2014

Great place to stay in the Reading area 30 minutes on the train into London with free parking, Complimentary executive lounge and excellent service especially in the dinning room. Lovely location with walks along the Thames . Well worth a visit .

Room Tip: Book an executive room
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shuttersstudio
Ashish J, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2014

Dear shuttersstudio
Thanks for recognising the efforts of the Team here, we all here at the Crowne Plaza Reading are really thrilled to get this fantastic review!

I am pleased to see that your stay was faultless; I have taken the privilege to share this lovely review with the team.
I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2014 via mobile

We came here for a night away for my birthday we booked a executive room which had a balcony which over looked the river which was beautiful.the only prob with that was the next door rooms had same to with glass that separated each balcony which I didn't like not much privacy the room was ok for the price. We ordered food to the room just a hot sandwich and chips I must say wow it was bloody gorg !! We booked a table for the evening the food was fantastic and the staff were great friendly polite fantastic !!
Had lots of champs to wash the beautiful food down all in all a great stay and we will be visiting again in a month or so !! But this time I will book a executive suite ! Oh u also get use of the spa and a executive lounge which we didn't have time for we will next time x

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sadiebest2011
Ashish J, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2014

Dear sadiebest2011
Thank you very much for your wonderful review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that you had a lovely time at the Crowne Plaza Reading.
Belated birthday wishes to you and we are really happy to see that you will be revisiting us in a month.
I have taken the opportunity to share your comments with the team!

Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Crowne Plaza Reading

Reviewed 10 October 2014

Great location, 2 minute taxi to town (friar street) or 10/15 by foot, room was lovely and clean, pool was warm and clean, food was lovely and staff were very friendly. Can't really find a bad point, maybe more staff on at check out time on a Sunday?

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa H

Dear Lisa H
Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest at the Crowne Plaza Reading; Overall, I understand from your comments that everything was seamless apart from the checkout experience; I shall certainly relay your feedback to the Front Office Manager!
Once again, many thanks for your positive review and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 October 2014

Stayed here over the weekend at the Club room. The room was great especially if you get the king size bed club room with balcony. It is overlooking the River Thames. The added benefit of the club room is access to club lounge. There you have complimentary tea and coffee all day. In the evening (6-8pm), they serve snack food and drinks (wine, beer, juice and soft drink). The snack is nothing fancy. But what you could do is order food from the restaurant to consume in the club lounge and use the complimentary drinks in the club lounge. They also serve complimentary continental breakfast in the club lounge until 9.30 am.
My wife and niece tried the spa and they loved it. The swimming pool is standard and clean. The location is perfect if you want to be away from city but not too far from civilization. Free parking is added bonus.
The only let down for me was the staff. I feel they were not informative enough and to some point not helpful. When I check-in, I was not told about the benefit of the club lounge, what time breakfast is serve and the check-out time. I asked for extended one hour check-out after I found out the check-out time is at 11am. The reception kindly enough to extend the check-out time and informed the housekeeping but somehow not long after we get back to our room, another reception called to ask what time we are checking out as they check-out time is 11am. Obviously the guy that extended our check-out did not put that into the system.
Apart from that, it is great hotel and would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again if I'm visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KimWee_13

Dear KimWee_13
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is regrettable to see that the communication error on our part caused you inconvenience, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I will certainly take your constructive criticism as an opportunity to make the necessary adjustments so as to ensure future guest satisfaction.
I am really pleased to see that you would definitely recommend and stay again at the Crowne Plaza Reading again.
Thank you again for your feedback, we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 September 2014

We used this hotel for a two night weekend stay. We booked a Club Room with a river view. Most of the rooms with a river view also look out over a large flat roof with a pyramidal glass structure - the atrium of the restaurant below; but the view was good enough. The location by the Thames is very good; watch out for toddlers who can walk straight down the steps to the nearby river. The pool is a standard hotel rectangle, but very clean with a great gym, changing facilities and genuinely hot steam room and sauna; it is open to non-guests through membership. The hotel is thoroughly clean throughout and the staff were extremely helpful. The Club room provides access to a small, rather formal lounge. It's especially nice on a sunny morning for continental breakfast but not quite big enough in the evening if all the Clubbers want a drink. The complimentary wines with the Club lounge were fine. Overall, the Club option is a good deal. Some late night (hen night) revellers disturbed our Saturday night a bit and the staff helpfully extended our check out time to give us an extra hour's snooze. The hotel is on the edge of Caversham, which has some good restaurants (I recommend Quattro for Italian) whilst Reading centre is a 20 minute walk and there's plenty of choice there too (check out the groovy modern Asian cocktail Coconut Bar). Across the river from the hotel is the Karma Bangra Bar which was rocking on Saturday night. Overall, a good experience that I'd be happy to repeat.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigBadTrevsy

Dear BigBadTrevsy
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and writing such a positive review, we are really pleased to see that you explored most of the areas of the Hotel including the local restaurants and happy to hear that overall the experience was good.
I have taken the liberty to share your comments with the team and they are certainly delighted to read your positive review.
I am sure that based on your recent experience, you shall come and stay at the Crowne Plaza Reading more often!

Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.