1,132 results
All reviewsthe club loungeriver viewexecutive roomsecure parkingcaversham bridgespa facilitiesduty managerhealth clubtown centresteam roomcar parklovely hotelweekend breakreception staffhotel is situatedsunday morningbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Crown Plaza Hotel is located very near to the city center so you can easily walk to shopping areas . There are many small cafes and restaurants nearby so it is easy to find good dining options at any time of the day.
The best part about the hotel is the view which is right behind the building. You have access to the River Thames and you can see ducks and swans all over the place.
The breakfast was good with various options. The rooms are alright and there is no complain regarding the availability of amenities. We have access to WiFi, ironing boards, hot water, quick room service and house keeping and tea .
This has been a really good experience by all standards.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Operations C, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Dear Amina,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with in Crowne Plaza Reading.
We are very happy to know you enjoyed the time with us and we will be looking forward to welcome you back.

Regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night at the weekend, I have to say for £86 - the family room we received was pretty good. The bed is a good size and comfortable, and the amenities are great. The lavender sleep spray on the pillow was a lovely touch too.
My only criticism (constructive I hope) is that the bathroom is very dark which isn’t useful and the room decor is slightly outdated which makes it feel more of a premium holiday inn than a hotel. Nonetheless I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Stayed for two nights to visit family. Lovely Hotel, our room had exceptionally large balcony overlooking the river,we hope to visit in the summer to try and use it. Staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was lovely with lots of choice. I had a very good omelette,my husband a good English with lots of choice. We ate in the bar on both evenings as it had the same menu as the restaurant and the bar staff were so friendly.Menu selections good and we enjoyed excellent food and service on both nights. On returning to our room after breakfast I looked at the newspapers on reception but didn’t take one as I had read it at breakfast. As we were about to go up the stairs one of the reception staff stopped us and asked what paper I wanted,this was delivered free of charge along with two chocolates 10mins later. That’s service above the norm. Room and bathroom clean and functional,yes if I wanted to be critical maybe a bit dated but everything worked and we had a nice flat screen tv and free good internet. Also a very large comfortable bed with white crisp linen,a good nights sleep was had by us both.We will definitely try and stay again.

Room Tip: Balcony river view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jredfernBath

Dear jredfernBath,

Thank you for taking the time to share your nice words with us.
We are very happy to hear you had a great time in Crowne Plaza Reading and we hope you will come to visit us again and we will be looking forward to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,

Ilaria Grafone

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I have been meaning to write this review since March 2017!! My wife and I along with our two small children were guests at a family wedding in this marvellous hotel. Firstly the hotel is really well situated with its proximity to Reading and Heathrow. The River Thames to its rear is gorgeous and perfect for walks. The family room was perfect for our stay and the staff could not have been more helpful. John Paul the duty manager is a master of multi-tasking, whilst Winston the restaurant manager epitomises the professional standards required for a hotel such as this. The wedding itself was a joy with the civil cermony held in the hall followed by an exquisite reception. Whilst I cannot speak on behalf of the happy couple, both themselves and their families appeared delighted with everything.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear DonieMcGrath,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your kind comments. We are always happy to know that we provided our Guests with a great experience and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Ilaria Grafone

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Two nights stay - booked on day and checked into a Twin and sorry as no doubles available with two out of service.

Pleasant check in with thanks for being a gold member.

Allocated 122 clean and tidy - no WiFi issues. Not the greatest view.

Ate in restaurant with £25 combo - excellent service from Peter.

Breakfast standard fare but again all good.

Didn’t try the gym this time. No issue with hot water either.

Checked out with request to complete online survey when comes. Cheekily said I will do but you upgrade me next time which colleague said sure we will do.

Apologies forgot both of their names - think one name was Lizel and other colleague was Barket?

Perfect for where I needed to be.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business