“Honestly this is a fantastic hotel which has to put Reading on the map!”
Review of pentahotel Reading

pentahotel Reading
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Bristol
“Honestly this is a fantastic hotel which has to put Reading on the map!”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Well I wasn't expecting this..it's years since I stayed in Reading and we checked in here befor our flight from Heathrow tomorrow...sorry London forget those high priced hotels...this is the perfect place to stay...I can't believe I am even writing a review...the room is funky and the two girls love it...the movies are free...the plug (american adapter) was free the room service was fantastic and reasonable after we had ventured out to ASK which was not so good!! I can't believe it ...it's truly awesome why would you go and stay in London??? Well done to the staff and management at the Penta Hotel I wish you had been here years ago when I worked for YELL, 10 out of 10 well maybe we will take .1% off for the room being a bit too warm...otherwise can't wait to come back maybe shopping at Christmas...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Otley, West Yorkshire.
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Just ask for a quiet room. Everything else is fine.

• Stayed August 2011
Reykjavik
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Good Hotel for good price and good location.And there was verry good breakfast.We both
did love this Hotel

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I was pleaseanly surprised by the ambiance when I stayed here. It's very hip, relaxed and chilled out. Staff were friendly and welcoming. The room was decorated stylishly in a fusion of prints and had a powerful shower, fab toiletries, and super comfy. It's in a central location within walking distance from the train station and close to the shops.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I booked this last minute for the night before a business meeting.

On arrival the guy who met me at reception was the most friendly, helpful, confident, cheery, polite employee I think I've ever met. 10/10. He directed me to parking and provided a perfect mix of professional and friendly service on check in.

The room was spendid, the bathroom was spotlessly clean (with a fantastic shower) and the options for connectivity were amazing.

This is about the 900th hotel night I've had in the last decade and I would easily rate the overall experience as the best.

Well done team! Thanks.

All I've got to do now is find another reason to visit Reading!

Room Tip: Check the aircon is off or set right. My default setting was very cold.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My wife and I stayed for a Saturday night on an amazing discounted bed and breakfast rate. The room was a standard double on the side overlooking and sadly overhearing the road below. Even with double glazing the noise was very noticeable. None-the-less we slept well in the humongous king size bed. The air conditioning kept the room cool and fresh. The rain shower is an amazing experience, combined with the luxury toiletries make it a great experience. We had brunch next morning which is a very generous self service of cold cuts, hot bacon, sausages egg etc. The new coffee machine makes a very intense and tasty coffee. Sadly watching the staff working in the breakfast room was disappointing. Tables were not cleaned well, the hot water for tea ran out, and the coffee machine ran out of beans. It still gets 5 stars in my opinion though - especially at the weekend rates.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Rugby
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I stay in the hotel every now and then when i have a business trip in Reading and every time on my way to the hotel i am excited and afraid at the same time, excited because I love the hotel and afraid because i fear that the quality had deteriorated in the past few months and to my pleasant surprise it's still the same.
I love the vibe of this place, it looks like its a luxurious place but very casual at the same time which what gives its charm.
The restaurant serve very good food, my personal favourite is the rib eye stake.
The toiletry products provided in the bathroom are really really good, i am not a big fan of organic products and toiletries in general, if it cleans me then its good enough but what they are providing is something else. i am a man so i don't know how to talk about these things but all i can say this stuff is really good.
the staff are very helpful and friendly and on top of that are gorgeous, don't know how that is relevant but i think it is nice to see a nice face serving dinner and start your day with a lovely face serving your breakfast.
by the way I rarely never give 5/5 rating to anything but this hotel gets my 5

Room Tip: if you want smoking room, phone the hotel and let them know you want one early