“customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Reading
somerset uk
“customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I booked this hotel for next weekend for 1 night. After ten minuets of placing the booking my plans have changed and I needed to cancel. Cancellation refused..... TEN MINUETS after placing the booking.... disgusting customer service.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
ph_Reading, Manager at pentahotel Reading, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Dawn. I am very sorry to hear of your issue. I have sent you a message with my contact details and hope to hear from you soon so this can be resolved to your full satisfaction.
James Gardiner – Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed at the Pentahotel for two nights. It is a clean and modern. It is waliking distance from the twon centre. They have a very good breakfast and we enjoyed it. Our room though was not comfortable, it was too warm even with the heating off and it was difficult to regulated the temprature. There was no way to open the window to bring in fresh air. We slept poorly boh nights due to this. Another acedote, the barman overcharged for a drink I got. I realized it when I checked the list to what I got that as expensive. They reimbursed me the diference. Regardless, it did not feel right.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ph_Reading, Manager at pentahotel Reading, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you very much for your review. It’s great to see that there were so many positive aspects to your stay. I am so sorry that your room was not fully comfortable and I am addressing this with our in-house engineering team to ensure the elements you describe are resolved. Dare I say we’ve had a bit of a pleasant but unexpected warm snap to the weather recently! Thank you for pointing out the challenge you had in the bar to us. I am glad this was resolved and can only put this down to a human error; certainly not what happens for the hundreds of happy customers we have in our cool pentalounge each week. When you’re with us again please either give me or one of the senior team a shout if you ever have any concerns or if there is something you would like to make your stay more comfortable. Thanks again.
Cirencester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

The post code given to us in the booking took us to a random multi-storey car park. After driving around we finally found the hotel didn't look great from the outside. But looked ok. We booked a comfort room
With bath robes and slippers. Well we didn't have any. We went down to reception where the lady argued with us saying we did. Eventually she said she would get some sent up. 1 and a half hours later, one arrived. As there was 2 of us this was not satisfactory. It was now 11.30 pm so didn't bother calling for another one. Breakfast was nice, had to wait 10 minutes to be greeted and allowed to take a seat, There was a Large choice. The full English breakfast was only warm rather then hot. But it was okay. On the television it says that reception can supply the necessary computer cables had you forgotten them. Great! Walked down to reception. Ask the receptionist. First answer was I don't know we don't have any. Then it was changed to they're all gone. Not so great! Staff need to be aware what you are advertising and also on how to speak to guests in the correct manner! Shower was great though may I add as was the bed!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Hi Frances. Thank you for your review. The postcode on our directions page takes you straight to our front door so my apologies; I will look into what happened with the one you were given and amend whichever channel this has come through. I am very sorry that there was an issue with your bathrobes and slippers. I have addressed this point with our housekeeping team and also with the front desk team for how this appears to have been dealt with as it’s all about friendly cooperation here with us. Thank you also for your feedback on breakfast service where again your valuable comments are being reviewed with actions taken. We have a large number of connectivity kits for our fabulous in-room entertainment. I am so sorry that these were all out with other guests at the time of your enquiry. I have instructed more are acquired immediately. I hope that the points you have described would not deter you from staying with us again. I am sorry for the fact your stay was not perfect but I can assure you that actions will be taken so the next one is.
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Clean, modern, hip, cool fun...amazing breakfast, great restaurant, nice vibe. The beds are amazing, too comfortable, everything seems like it was made to be convenient! Have nothing negative to say...if I did, it would just be the internet thing with losing it after 30 mins. but that isn't something that would stop me staying there. its amazing.

Room Tip: smoking rooms are at the front I think, non at the side/back
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ph_Reading, Manager at pentahotel Reading, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Hi Dee. Thank you very much for your positive review about us. I am so pleased you had a great stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed in the Penta Hotel and it is a great hotel and the staff are friendly and want you to have a pleasant stay, we were talking to one of the bar man "Kaz" he was a very nice bloke who made our stay a memorable one! ... Defiantly stay again !!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I am glad Kaz and the rest of the team looked after you. See you next time!
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Great hotel for a short or long stay, great atmosphere and good localization. The only downside is the internet, that you need to reconect every 30min (you can pay for a better one).
The restaurante is not the best, but it is good.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s our pleasure to provide complimentary wifi however our super-speed internet is a great value too. I am glad you found our restaurant to be good. If there is anything you’d like next time you’re with us to make your dining experience more enjoyable, please just let us know. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel. Great central
location, funky rooms, nice bar and food, excellent breakfast. And jolly good value for money. Slightly short-staffed so expect to queue for check in and out! But otherwise a fab place to stay, will definitely be back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
ph_Reading, Manager at pentahotel Reading, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry if you had a bit of delay at our reception in the pentalounge. I will be reviewing the cover we have in this area and adjusting accordingly. Thanks for being a fan of what we do and highlighting all these great points! We look forward to seeing you next time.