“Another happy stay”
Review of pentahotel Reading

pentahotel Reading
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Another happy stay at Pentahotel Reading: This time we asked for and got a room away from the noisy dual carriage way, which means the room was a little smaller but still with the amazing two King-sized beds side by side with lovely white duvets on top. The 2 pillows per bed are too soft for us though.

We watched a free movie, but watching any TV programmes was not worthwhile as the signal kept dropping.

Next morning the breakfast as usual was sumptuous with a great selection of hot, cold, bread, pastries, fruit, teas and coffees.

This remains one of my favourite hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrevMK
ph_Reading, Manager at pentahotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Trev. Thanks very much for your lovely review. I am sorry you had a bit of an issue with your TV (an issue that has now been resolved) but delighted to read that we remain one of your favourite hotels; great to know! See you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Fab place, great location, comfy bed and some of the most fun toiletries ever!
Ok the building is a tad hideous from the outside, however step in and its a different story!
Rooms are spacious, beds are sooooooo comfy especially the king size bad boys.
I've stayed at the hotel at least 8-9 times now, but I get annoyed they never remember me, but that's just a personal thing. Breakfast is AMAZING! the quality of the food is immense and its always so quiet and calm as it should be. There is a tiny gym should you need it and a big chill out area. There are often functions on, but you never hear them in the rooms. The staff are friendly and rooms always clean. My only issue as mentioned is lack of recognition for continued loyalty!

Room Tip: Rear of hotel is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. Some fantastically positive points there which is great. Also some things for us to look at to make your experience even better. Feedback much appreciated. See you soon for stay number ten I hope!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at the Penta Reading two days ago and the whole experience was great from beginning to end. You enter into a huge reception area which has soft lighting is full of leather sofa's and chairs very relaxing. Pool table and even a play station that you can play with. Decor is modern but very comfortable. Staff were excellent throughout our stay and couldn't have been more helpful. With the price being so reasonable we weren't expecting great things. The room was immaculate, beds were huge, we had a little wash bag full of toiletries. My other half was impressed that there was a large flat screen tv which had all the ports in the wall to make it super easy to hook up your ipad etc. Breakfast was impressive so much choice and staff were on hand filling everything up so you didn't have to wait for food. There was an amazing choice for everyone's taste.
We are going to try out the Birmingham hotel to see if that is the same but I couldn't recommend the Reading one enough we will go back.
I think it was one of the managers that came over and spoke to us and bring our dog a bucket of water... yes to top it off the Penta is dog friendly.
Well done staff of the Penta Hotel Reading you made our weekend! x

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sarah. Thanks so much for such a lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and am certain you will have an equally as good time with our other hotels around the country. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We came to Reading for an over night stay and saw this hotel on Booking.com
it looked fantastic and mondern.
when we got to the hotel we were amazed the atmosphere and everything was really nice and are room was really nice the bed was so big and the whole room was clean.
The carpark which is a 3min walk away was great and felt comfortable leaving are car in there.

We are already looking at when we can go back to stay in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
ph_Reading, Manager at pentahotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Joy. Thank you so much for your lovely review. I was delighted to read about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Recently stayed there for business. Slept, ate and had meetings there for three days. The hotel has a great atmosphere and the interior design is very cool, a bit "clubby". Young, super friendly and helpfull staff. Rooms are nice and spacious, bathroom and (huge) bed spotlessly clean. Great food. Breakfast was one of the best I ever had - so many choices and lots of fresh fruit which I personally really appreciate. Full English breakfast was of course also available. Just about anything you can think of for breakfast - they had it.
There were a few flaws... For some reason the water in my shower was boiling hot - like really realy, really hot - and I could not adjust the temperature. The rooms are quite noisy (street noise) - I slept like a baby, but several colleagues had trouble sleeping, some asked for another room. And the free wifi is rubbish - my firm payed for broadband, but even that was not enough... But even with those flaws I really had a very pleasant stay there and the delicious food kind of made up for all that :-) Would definitely stay there again. Located on a high street - shops, restaurants and shopping mall just a few steps away.

Room Tip: If you have trouble sleeping with background noise, don't get a room at the side of the street o...
1  Thank Vanessa d

Dear Vanessa. Thank you very much for your comprehensive review. I am very pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your experience with us. A couple of things for me to look into as our showers should be extremely adjustable and with the great WiFi options we offer, there should be no issue there either. My apologies that these were not as perfect as they should have been. Thanks again for the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

From the outside this place looks quite ugly, but as with most Penta hotels, its when you step inside that you get transported to something totally different.

Check-in is via the bar, which is qwerky, unique and the staff here were VERY welcoming. Quickly dispatched to the room, open the door and greeted with a great looking room.

HUGE bed, nice shower and black tiled bathroom, wall mounted TV with free films. Only issue in my room was the plaster had cracked in numerous places, letting the room down. I also booked a wake up call which never occurred.

Free WIFI for basic, or pay for high speed. Basic was adequate for my needs.

Breakfast in all Penta hotels is fantastic, with a huge amount of choices. The coffee machine was broken as I arrived, but a member of staff quickly delivered my choice to me as soon as it was fixed.

Parking is in a Q-Park opposite, where you get a discounted rate.

Would definately go back here if in the area.

1  Thank Darryl M

Dear Darryl. Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed many of the product and service aspects that make us a rather fantastic pentahotel! I am sorry to see however that there were a few points that we could have done better on. Please leave those with me to resolve immediately with the team. Thanks again and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at Pentahotel for a week. Having never heard of the brand we were nervous. On arrival we found a clean, modern, and chic lobby. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Even though they were having computer issues they quickly got us checked in.

Our first room seemed to have an issue with a window seal and the traffic noise was quite loud. We tried to take a nap but were unable to do so because the noise was so loud. We went to the desk to inquire if this was normal. The clerk, Carmen, was quick to offer us a room change to a different section away from the road and sent maintenance right up to investigate. We told her we would wait for maintenance to which she replied they wanted our stay to be comfortable and we shouldn't have to stay in a room that we didn't like. We quickly changed rooms to one that was much more quiet.

We found the rooms to be well appointed, clean, chic, and the king size bed was the most comfortable and largest we had ever found in any hotel. The colors and materials used in the room were pleasant to the eye and made for a welcoming area that you felt comfortable relaxing and sleeping in. The toiletries provided were of great quality and little touches like light switches next to the bed as well as easy accessed plugs to charge your phone right on your night stand were nice touches. The hotel also offered a good amount of free programming on the tv and the easiest interface I have ever seen to attach a DVD player/computer/iPad etc so you could play your own videos or stream content.

During our stay every employee we encountered was friendly, helpful, and contributed to our experience. The hotel was always clean and offered a comfortable bar and lounge with pool table to relax in. The breakfast was incredible and amount of options unparalleled by any other hotel we have stayed in. It was a full breakfast offering an assortment of eggs, fruits, pastries, breads, muffins, cheeses, meats, juices, proseco, and coffees.

The only negative we encountered during our stay was that the free wifi was a bit slow. You were also required to log into the system every 30 minutes. While this was annoying at some times the process took about 15 seconds and most of the time only had to be done once as we weren't online for all that long.

We highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again without question. We will also be looking for Pentahotel locations when we travel in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room along the courtyard or front of the hotel away from the highway adjacent to one side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear John. Thanks for your fab review! It really was a lovely insight into one of our valuable guest’s experiences. I am delighted that on the whole you loved what we do. I am investigating the points you have highlighted that we could have done better on and will be resolving them. I hope you get chance to stay in more of our fabulous hotels around the World and also visit us again soon too! Thank you.