pentahotels Reading
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$82
  • Pool
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$68
ibis
US$140
US$134
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Pool
US$68
PremierInn.com
2,644 results
All reviewspentahotel readingfree moviesq parkgreat hotelhuge bedair congreat showerreception areaquiet roommodern hotelcar parkbusy roadbusiness tripwould stay againcentral locationreading festivaltown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 December 2010

I recently stayed in the Penta hotel Reading and thought it worth sharing my experience as I often use others reviews when searching for a hotel to stay in.

On arrival at the hotel I had to wait for nearly 5 minutes before the one lady at the desk had dealt with others customers. It soon became apparent that my booking had been entered into the system incorrectly. Once this minor issue was fixed I proceeded to my room only to find the entry card did not work. This happened twice during my stay and was shrugged off as "one of those things" by the man on reception..

I tried to call reception and room service. These numbers were permenantly engaged. Not the kind of service I expect from a four star hotel.

I also tried to use the gym one evening..... A tiny room with half a dozen dirty machines in various states of disrepair. Sweaty salt residue looked like it had never been cleaned off the seats on some of the machines. The water machine was also empty.....

The actual room itself was of a reasonable standard in terms of decor but my overall experience was one of disapointment. I will be staying at other 4 star hotels in the area going forward.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights due to business. And writing this review whilst stay at the hotel...as the service and the prices in the evening resturant is a complete rip off. Heres the story ordered main course and waited 30 mins + for a salmon main course (had to remind staff I had ordered) when recd the main course it didn't exactly represent main course portions...more of a large starter. Wiated another 30 mins plus for dessert then when I recd bill found I had been charged for a side order that should have been included as standrad, had I not noticed I would have been charged an extra £3.

Best advice walk out of the hotel turn right...and then turn right onto the 1st side street, and there is ASK, La Tasca and Pizza Express. Although the food is really nice at the hotel, its over priced,...and you'll wait forever for your food to arrive.

Rooms are the one saving bonus for this hotel and the only reason i would stay again...big, clean, big TV, etc.My room was quiet but didn't face onto the ring road. Location wise 10 mins walk from train station and easy to find.

Breakfast buffett is standard...lots of choice, but food is not piping hot..my work payed for breakfast but from previous reviews on here I believe they charge around £15 for breakfast....don't pay it...theres loads of places to go to in Reading were you could get a hot, decent breakfast for less than half the price.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank CBones82
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I normally prefer to stay at one of the hotels in Sonning when visiting Reading, but recently found myself booked into the Penta Hotel. It's extremely convenient for the pie shop, or the Sardinian restaurant, both less than 5 minutes walk away and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

However, my room faced directly onto the ring road and the notorious Oxford Road and the traffic noise was irritating.

Having said that, the hotel was very cheap for Reading town centre.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I booked my boss into this hotel whilst traveling from Australia to the UK on business. What a disaster. The room he was given had a noisy airconditioner so he requested another room. When he entered the room it was already occupied with another surprised guest! He was given another room which had already been occupied as there was clothing and other belongings already in the room. good job my boss in honest and is very patient. He was given another room which again was suffering from a loud air conditioner. After one night he gave up and tranferred to another hotel. This hotel is now on my black list and I will ensure that I do not recommend or book anyone else there!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I booked this for the day London Irish played Munster in rugby's Heineken Cup. Normally I do Reading in a day but as it was a late kick-off I knew it was going to be a late night! The atmosphere in Reading was fantastic; it seemed like half of Munster had travelled for the game. Back to the hotel, it was exceptional value at £59 for the night. They could have quite easily hiked their prices. I didn't see much of the hotel but the room was comfortable with everything you'd expect in a hotel of this class. There's a buffet breakfast but I tend to avoid hotel food. Weatherspoon's is just around the corner.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo