“Good value”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Reading
Cheshire
“Good value”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Warm welcoming and helpfull staff, good access to transport M4, room comfortable and clean. Didnt realise it had fitness facility which I will definately try next time

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, 29 July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read your comments about our welcoming and helpful staff, transport links, and that you found your room to be comfortable and clean.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in due course.

Paul Twomey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Took the whole family (2 adults & 2 children) to attend a family wedding. It is a big place, and our room was quite a hike from the reception and facilities, but this is as about as close to a gripe as I could get. The place was clean, the food was good, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I was very pleased to read your comments about our friendly and helpful staff, the food, and the cleanliness in the hotel.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel on some future occasion.

Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Having booked ahead we got a double room including breakfast for £49 per night. This was a bargain - it had a nice pool etc and the breakfast although standard buffet type of affair was actually pretty good and you could eat as much as you wanted.

The attached pub was ok but strangely was playing rave type music even though only a few OAP's were in the pub itself. Bit odd. The hotel bar is very expensive!

Otherwise I would recommend this place but would not pay full price I dont think!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read your comments about our pool and breakfast, and I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention the issue with the music in our Callaghans Bar. Please be assured that this will be reviewed, and action will be taken.

Thank you again, and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

This was a fabulous 3 night stay from arriving to a friendly reception staff to friendly helpful waiting staff all the staff seemed very happy at there work which is very nice to see. The rooms were very comfortable and my son mostly enjoyed the swimming pool. Was ideal for our trip to Legoland just over half an hour drive away would most definately stay in this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank tinapurdiedumfries
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

As the General Manager of the hotel, I was very pleased to learn of your experiences with us, and particularly your comments about our friendly and helpful employees. I have shared your comments with the team, and they too were very pleased.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on some future occasion.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This was not my first stay in this hotel, but this I found service was much better then our last year visit. Reception and cleaning staff were very helpful and always with the smile. Children’s got their goody bags on arrival, the family room was very huge and clean. Our dinner in the Restaurant was also fab and even found the food was much better then Last year.

This year biggest surprise for us was very beautiful small kids play area with the lots of toys. Swimming pool was bit crowdie but can understand as hotel looks very busy on this weekend. Over all we enjoyed our stay and will also plan to come next year.

2 Thank james4179

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

We were very pleased to hear your positive and encouraging feedback regarding the staff and service you have encountered during your stay. I have passed these comments on to the relevant staff and departments with thanks.

Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business, and positive feedback is imperative to inform our staff that they are continuing to do a wonderful job.

We very much look forward to being able to welcome you back next year.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Had the unfortunate opportunity to stay here with my family to visit Legoland Windsor, thankfully it was just for 1 night and that was too long !! The rooms are spacious but very basic and quite dark and dingy. The beds are so hard you would be better lying on the floor on your duvet they are ridiculous, yet hotel makes a huge issue of encouraging you to choose how soft/firm you would like your pillow !? Breakfast was chaotic and distinctly understaffed, felt really sorry for the 3 staff rushing around trying to do everything, yet were still polite and helpful when guests were less than accomodating to them. Had an issue with the duty manager/operations manager over the definite fact that their was faeces floating in the swimming pool, but they did not want to close the pool to decontaminate as it was busy!! They cleared the pool for less than 5 minutes and fished out the offending article, flushed it down the toilet and then said it was a stone, (don't think so !!)and told everyone to get straight back in!! Totally disgusting and thankfully I managed to stop my family from swimming, other families not so lucky and were floating about with it!! Hotel obviously not interested in the health implications for guests, found this quite disconcerting. Overall, not worth the stay both for the lack of regard for guests health/safety but also the fact you will need a good chiropractor when you leave!

Room Tip: Don't stay at all !!
5 Thank AndyJ37_11
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the problems that you experienced during breakfast. Please be assured that I have discussed your comments with the departmental manager concerned, and action has been taken to ensure that your experience is not repeated in the future.

In response to your comments about the pool, I would like to confirm that the pool was closed when the issue was reported, and all procedures were followed. The item removed from the pool was confirmed to be a decorative stone, which a child had removed from the plant area in the corner of the pool hall and had thrown in the water. This item was not flushed down the toilet as suggested, but has been kept as evidence with our reporting documents. The pool was not re-opened until all relevant health and safety checks had been completed. Please be assured that we have set procedures to follow for all incidents of this nature, and the safety of our guests is our main priority.

Paul Twomey

Travellers are raving about these Reading hotels

Bolton
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Firstly, my room was quite clean and comfortable, no problems but evening meal and breakfast were a disaster. How do you run out of food at breakfast at 8am at peak time with a queue of about 20 hungry people waiting around for the chef to re-appear.
Evening meal began with being shown to our table and then left there with no offer of any drinks or being shown the menu until I left the restaurant to find the waiter serving food in the bar . When the food arrived 45 minutes later I wasn't really bothered about the quality as I was starving.
Checking out the following morning confirmed that the above experience wasn't a one-off for this hotel as the chap at the side of me gave the Receptionist a blasting about breakfast and remarked on the off handed comments from the chef when he was asked why there was no breakfast ready.
If the management are reading this review, please get more staff at busy times and you will be more than halfway to being a decent hotel.

Room Tip: try somewhere else for now
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank stuBolton
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this review, 11 July 2011

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read your comments about the comfort and cleanliness of your bedroom, but was disappointed to learn of the problems you encountered at breakfast and dinner. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have caused, and I would like to assure you that I have discussed your comments with the departmental managers concerned in order that action be taken to ensure that your experience is never repeated in the future.

Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business and it is through constructive comments such as yours that we are able to strive to improve the service we offer guests in all hotels in the InterContinental Group.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, where I am sure that you will experience the high levels of service with which we are normally associated.

Paul Twomey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Hilton Reading
Novotel Reading Centre
pentahotel Reading
pentahotel Reading
#6 of 32 in Reading

Been to Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11? Share your experiences!