“Lovely Hotel”

Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here with several over couples whilst we were attending a party at the adjoining pub. The hotel was easy to get to. A great location, with a supermarket, petrol garage and newsagents nearby. The hotel was immaculate and the staff wonderful. Our room was perfect with everything we needed, generous amount of space and a cute bathroom. A/C in the room which was well needed during the time we were getting ready. The bed was lovely and comfy and cant fault it at all. The breakfast was a buffet with everything you could want. Including healthy options too! The pancake maker was popular. Came away feeling really happy and impressed with were we had stayed.

Room Tip: My partner and I had a single room as it was the only one left, but there was more than enough room...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
HIReadingSouth, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Sarah C,

Thank-you for taking the time to write about your experience on TripAdvisor at the Holiday Inn Reading-South hotel.

I, and the team, were really thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and in particular your comments about the staff and the immaculate cleanliness of the hotel.

I know that a highlight of our award winning breakfast is the pancake maker and I hope that managed to try some freshly made pancakes, perfect with some fruit compote from the continental breakfast bar.

I do hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Reading.

With Best Regards,
Adam Quay-Ross
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed over the weekend for 2 nights, good first impressions, nice reception and restaurant bar area. Quick efficient and friendly check in.
Quite a walk to the rooms with no quick way that we could find, and no lift, which was not a problem for us but obviously would be for many others. Corridors and stairways need updating but all clean and was quiet on this weekend.
Room was clean but in need of updating particularly the bathroom, toilet was coming away from wall and was very low, bath enamel badly damaged and dusty toilet rolls for spares.
Tea and coffee making facilities were good.
We booked 2 adults and 1 child but bed was not made up as check in said that as it was booked through an agent this was not stated which I think needs addressing as how hard can it be.
What makes up for this hotel needing a refurb Is the staff, very friendly and chatty. The lady who works in the gym helped set up my little boys bed for the night got talking to him and the next morning saw her down at the pool, she was lovely but didn't get her name, blonde and works in the gym in an evening! Anna I think was our cleaners name was lovely too
And when she saw us really engaged with our son and asked us if we had a good evening after remembering where we had been the previous night, and the guys on the Starbucks counter gave me a complimentary coffee!
We did not have breakfast as was room only and I do think £15 is too steep, you expect to pay that in a 5* hotel, we went to the morrisons down the road which was fine and I think a Harvester is right of the hotel too so there are other options if breakfast is not included.
I would stay again as the price was very reasonable for a central location and is obviously popular with tourists as good access to London, just needs a refurb, but as it was clean it is fine for somewhere to put your head down

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went there for a weekend. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were impressive. Also really liked the quality of breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only drawback was its location as I don't drive and depend on local bus services.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Work booked this hotel for me, as I was working in Reading the following day...what can I say, it did the job.

Easy to get to being just off the motorway I got there a little late to fully see what was around. Breakfast was good; the usual buffet style with fruit and cereal etc also available but well cooked and lots of to get me going.

I thought my room was a little tired, especially the bathroom but that might just have been my room.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kenny G
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. We see the feedback from our guest as a great source of opportunity to share the appreciation with our team, enhance our services & product in order to deliver consistent service. So thank ever so much for your valuable comments.

I was concerned to learn in particular about your experience in the room and bathroom. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

I sincerely hope that you will allow us with an opportunity to be of service in near future once again by returning to our hotel.

Best Regards,
Davesh Kumar
Operations Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Arrived on the 19th July for one night only as celebrating our friends 25th wedding anniversary at the Casino down the road. Stayed in room 430 which was a double in the family side. Nice large room with very good bathroom, air con was a god send. Bed very comfortable. Had breakfast in the morning, which was a buffet and fab one at that will all you could eat, and even a pancake machine to make your own. Good stay and would defo recommend this one, as we have stayed in the holiday inn on bath road and no where near as good as this one. Reception staff good, nothing to much trouble, I even managed to leave my new shoes on reception when booking in and yes they delivered them to my room for me. Swimming pool is like climbing into a bath and well the bubble pool is so so hot. Nice sauna to but they are in the changing rooms so only single sex in them. Overall fab weekend

2  Thank cake123_69
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Managed to sleep through a night time thunder & lightning storm in a very comfortable room on the second floor. Only negative about the room was its location, which was about as far from Reception as you could get and no elevator to the second floor - lugging heavy suitcases up the stairs is not my idea of fun!
We were greeted warmly at check-in & Reception staff were polite & efficient. Staff in the bar were not so switched on & it took ages to be served a couple of beers in a less than busy bar.
We had a pleasant meal in the restaurant, an Oriental pulled duck salad & a substantial burger, smothered in cheese & served with salad & skinny fries. We had asked for chunky chips with the burger and these were quickly provided when we reiterated our request as the meals were served.
With a bit more training for the bar staff & service co-ordination in the dining room, this hotel could be excellent.

1  Thank MLW28
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We've found this to be a convenient place to stop over when visiting my partner's son in Reading - just off the motorway and no problems with parking.

On arrival we were warmly welcomed at reception and found ourselves upgraded to an executive room which was nice. The chilled drink at reception was a particularly nice touch and appreciated after a long hot drive.

Once we'd arrived we didn't much feel like straying too far so after a freshen up and a quick dip in the pool we wandered down to the bar before dinner in the hotel restaurant (which my partner commented reminded her of the canteen at the college where she teaches).

Overall the level of service throughout the hotel was very good - friendly, efficient and with a smile. There did however seem to be a disconnect between the restaurant waiting staff and the kitchen staff over food orders and delivery (incorrect side-orders and steak wrongly cooked etc). To their credit, the waiting staff worked hard to put matters right - the quality of food and cooking (even after we'd been given the correct food) was however very average. Although our room rate suggested we were not going to experience haute cuisine, we were disssaponted with our evening meals.

Breakfast was much better - despite being very busy, the breakfast buffet was frequently replenished with freshly cooked food and the waiting staff were very good, busily clearing tables and still finding time to ask if we had enjoyed our breakfasts.

We'd normally rate this hotel as average but the friendliness of the staff and generally good service (kitchen service at dinner excepted) and the amount that we paid (£137.75 - had they made a mistake?), it would be churlish not to rate it as very good - we'll most likely return but for B&B only next time.

1  Thank Sub_three
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Hilton Reading
Hilton Reading
#2 of 31 in Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading
Novotel Reading Centre
Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10
Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11? Share your experiences!