“Modern, clean hotel. ”

Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

A nice clean modern hotel just minutes from the M4. Signposting is not very good on the main road, turn right at the mini roundabout by the Imperium building and that is Imperial Way, go down that road and the hotel is at the end on the left hand side. Staff were very helpful and friendly, very swift check in and out, no queuing and they also offered a breakfast buffet deal for £ 9.99. The room was very clean with good quiet air conditioning and a selection of hard and soft pillows. Only thing that let it down was a noisy family across the corridor with a bleating kid. Anyway I would recommend this hotel if you want comfort that won't cost the earth and there is also a mini Starbucks in reception if that floats your boat. I would choose this hotel when staying again in the area.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Booked three rooms for 1 night at the last minute and after a very long day we would have accepted anything with a comfortable bed to be honest. Thankfully the holiday inn here did indeed have a comfortable bed(s), and everything we needed. The rooms were bigger than average, it was well priced and everyone commented the next morning how comfortable the rooms were.

I could see this as being a great hotel for visiting Legoland Windsor but also if you wanted to check out the shops of Reading.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

happy to report that this Holiday Inn was of a good standard. We were very pleased with the very helpful and friendly staff. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The spa/pool facilities were very modern and clean too. Located near a country park - ideal destination for a family who need a short break or overnight stay. Very good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed for 2 nights, won't be staying again. Staff were unhelpful and continued to ignore us while waiting at the front desk. Room was clean but needs maintenance, bathroom fixtures should not be falling off the walls. Restaurant averaged about an hour a course, waiting staff changed several times during our meal. Despite the manager personally apologising nothing improved, we were kept there 3 hours for dinner. A member of cleaning staff burst into the room the next morning without knocking. I had unlocked the door as i had popped to the car, but surely they should at least knock before letting themselves into the room. Wanted to leave some feedback when checking out but was kept waiting so long at the desk that i was late for work. Just all round poor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin G
HIReadingSouth, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Kevin G,

First may I thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Reading-South M4 Jct11.

I was very disappointed to read about your experience at our hotel and I would foremost like to unreservedly apologise that we have let you down on this occasion. At the Holiday Inn Reading-South, we strive for excellence and on your recent stay with us, this was clearly not delivered.

I have taken your comments to my colleagues within the management team and will be addressing the short-falls in service and quality of your stay that you experienced.

I truly do appreciate your thorough feedback as it is with honest and open feedback that we can continue to grow and meet your expectations.

I do hope that I may have a chance to welcome you back to Reading so that we may provide you with the service you missed out on.

With Best Wishes,
Adam Quay-Ross
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here with several over couples whilst we were attending a party at the adjoining pub. The hotel was easy to get to. A great location, with a supermarket, petrol garage and newsagents nearby. The hotel was immaculate and the staff wonderful. Our room was perfect with everything we needed, generous amount of space and a cute bathroom. A/C in the room which was well needed during the time we were getting ready. The bed was lovely and comfy and cant fault it at all. The breakfast was a buffet with everything you could want. Including healthy options too! The pancake maker was popular. Came away feeling really happy and impressed with were we had stayed.

Room Tip: My partner and I had a single room as it was the only one left, but there was more than enough room...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah C,

Thank-you for taking the time to write about your experience on TripAdvisor at the Holiday Inn Reading-South hotel.

I, and the team, were really thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and in particular your comments about the staff and the immaculate cleanliness of the hotel.

I know that a highlight of our award winning breakfast is the pancake maker and I hope that managed to try some freshly made pancakes, perfect with some fruit compote from the continental breakfast bar.

I do hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Reading.

With Best Regards,
Adam Quay-Ross
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed over the weekend for 2 nights, good first impressions, nice reception and restaurant bar area. Quick efficient and friendly check in.
Quite a walk to the rooms with no quick way that we could find, and no lift, which was not a problem for us but obviously would be for many others. Corridors and stairways need updating but all clean and was quiet on this weekend.
Room was clean but in need of updating particularly the bathroom, toilet was coming away from wall and was very low, bath enamel badly damaged and dusty toilet rolls for spares.
Tea and coffee making facilities were good.
We booked 2 adults and 1 child but bed was not made up as check in said that as it was booked through an agent this was not stated which I think needs addressing as how hard can it be.
What makes up for this hotel needing a refurb Is the staff, very friendly and chatty. The lady who works in the gym helped set up my little boys bed for the night got talking to him and the next morning saw her down at the pool, she was lovely but didn't get her name, blonde and works in the gym in an evening! Anna I think was our cleaners name was lovely too
And when she saw us really engaged with our son and asked us if we had a good evening after remembering where we had been the previous night, and the guys on the Starbucks counter gave me a complimentary coffee!
We did not have breakfast as was room only and I do think £15 is too steep, you expect to pay that in a 5* hotel, we went to the morrisons down the road which was fine and I think a Harvester is right of the hotel too so there are other options if breakfast is not included.
I would stay again as the price was very reasonable for a central location and is obviously popular with tourists as good access to London, just needs a refurb, but as it was clean it is fine for somewhere to put your head down

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Went there for a weekend. The swimming pool and jacuzzi were impressive. Also really liked the quality of breakfast. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only drawback was its location as I don't drive and depend on local bus services.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Hilton Reading
Hilton Reading
#2 of 31 in Reading
Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10
Novotel Reading Centre
Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11? Share your experiences!