Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11
US$127
  • Restaurant
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$119
  • Pool
US$94
US$56
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$68
  • Restaurant
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$112
  • Pool
US$144
US$136
Official Site
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$95
CrownePlaza.com
US$74
US$66
All reviewsthe holiday innfamily roomswimming poollegoland packagechanging roomstrouser pressrestaurant staffthe ground floorexecutive roomleisure facilitiesbreakfast staffplenty of parkinghealth clubbusiness tripdouble bedcomfortable staystayed one night
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Excellent and enjoyable hotel to have stayed at,the housekeeping could not be faulted the room was kept spotlessly clean with fresh towels every day.The restaurant service was fast and the dinning room staff were very friendly and polite the food was of a good standard.A very enjoyable stay,the only complaint the bar prices were on the high side.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
HIReadingSouth, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Reading - South M4, Jct.11, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Keith B,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Reading-South. We are all truly grateful for the 5-star review you have given the hotel.

I was pleased to hear about your experience and your comments have been shared with my colleagues. It is a pleasure to have served you at the hotel.

I do hope that you will visit us again in the future, where I look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

If I was basing this review solely on the decor and location, it would get one star but the extra two stars were purely down to all staff working there. Slap bang near an industrial estate the entrance of which totally confused my Sat Nav! This hotel lacked personality and TLC. The family room, initially offered, was a no-no for me! Whilst roomy, Family Room 306 was SO far away frpom Reception that I felt like I was going to play a role in the remake of the 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'. The room (and way to it) lacked soul...in fact, it lacked guests too. It had an eerie feel to it so I asked the Front Desk receptionists to upgrade me. No fuss, they were happy to accommodate my wishes. Room 113 was cosier..tiny but closer to Reception. Not a hotel for mobility impaired. Set bon two floors without a lift. Nothing was too much trouble for any hotel staff here. Loved the free wifi, superb free parking and tasty food. Would I return? Probably not; as the sofa bed was dreadfully uncomfortable and dusty. The bathroom had no space to swing a cat. But, I'd give 10/10 for every single staff member I encountered or interacted with which, believe me, is a rarity. IHG need to commend the team here for their great customer care skills and give them a refurbished hotel that they would be proud to work in!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Pepper1905,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Reading-South M4 Jct11.

I was disappointed to hear how your expectations were not met with the décor and general appeal of the hotel, for which I am truly sorry. Please rest assured that you comments have been documented and noted for our next round of renovations.

I was, however, delighted to read how you thought our hotel team were happy to accommodate you and your positive comments have been relayed to the whole team.

We truly appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I do hope that if you are in the area, you will consider us again.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have just got back from a 4 night stay here on a trip with National Holidays.The hotel is clean,rooms were very comfortable,bathroom very good if a bit small ,plenty of hot water and clean towels.
The food was good,but could have been warmer at times,what makes this hotel shine is the staff!,nothing was too much trouble,they were the friendliest hotel staff I have ever met.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear spexMiddlesbrough,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Reading-South and I personally want to thank you for the 4-star rating you have given to us.

I was concerned and disappointed to hear about the temperature of your food and I have relayed your comments to the chef.

I was however thrilled to read and share your comments about the hotel team. We do pride ourselves in our friendly delivery of service to all our guests.

It was truly a pleasure to have you stay with us and I do hope the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We booked this as an overnight stop when travelling en route to France. The staff were friendly from the outset and we were made to feel very welcome. The rooms were larger than average, clean and pleasant. Had a good night's sleep so the beds must have been ok. Breakfast in the morning was also good. The only slight negative would be that the bathroom is a little small.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for one night on our way to visit family in London. This is a typical chain hotel - everything is done to a chain standard - and it IS a high standard. The level of service from every member of staff we met was first class and could not be faulted.

The massive bed was superbly comfortable and the room was large, well-furnished and well-serviced.

Dinner was beautifully cooked and presented.

So why am I only giving a 4 instead of a 5?

Breakfast! I've heard all the reasons why these large hotels serve buffet breakfasts but I'm afraid those reasons don't hold water. Fortunately, our breakfast was inclusive, otherwise I would have asked for the extortionate £14.95 charge to be refunded! Everything was luke-warm except the hash browns (which had probably just been replenished) and the tea, which was served fresh to our table. Even the plates were cold, which didn't help.

When will these large chains realise they are letting themselves down by cooking beautifully fresh breakfast produce then letting it congeal and cool in containers over hot-plates? Absolutely disgraceful! Each breakfast should be individually prepared and served - especially at that price!

For me, this spoiled an otherwise absolutely perfect overnight stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cappycat,

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay at the Holiday Inn Reading-South hotel. We truly appreciate your genuine and comprehensive feedback.

I was pleased to read that you felt your room was well appointed and service and how our hotel team exceeded your expectations in delivering a first class service throughout your stay.

I was also disappointed to hear that your breakfast experience was below standard and that the temperature of the buffet items was not as you would expect. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience with us and that we let you down on this key service. I have relayed your comments to my fellow managers and our head chef, so that we can address the area's highlighted in your feedback.

Cappycat, it was truly a pleasure to have you stay with us at the Holiday Inn Reading-South and I do hope I get a chance to welcome you back in the future.