Lowest prices for your stay
US$99
Free cancellation until 23/10/21
US$99
Free cancellation until 24/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$76
Free cancellation until 23/10/21
Hotels.comUS$99
PricelineUS$99
eDreamsUS$99
1,122 results
All reviews the holiday inn legoland package swimming pool changing rooms a ground floor room leisure facilities restaurant staff check in was quick plenty of parking buffet style stayed for one night gym junction motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I have used this hotel on several occasions, never had an issue before, but stayed on a Saturday night, I had booked 3 rooms. When we arrived the rooms weren't ready, no one seemed to know what was going on, we were asked to wait 10 minutes while they checked with housekeeping if they were done but after half an hour they still hadn't sorted. Eventually after waiting an hour we were told two rooms were ready and given a key for the third, we went out, when we came back someone else had been checked into the third room and was already in there so the key didnt work, had to go all the way back to reception and move to another room on another floor.

It was absolute chaos, staff attitude was dreadfdul, not helpful, not apologetic, all round a terrible experience and one I will not repeat.

Room tip: Don't bother coming here!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading-South M4, Jct.11, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

As the Operations Manager responsible for the hotel, I was most disappointed to learn that you encountered problems during your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have caused.

Should you wish to discuss any matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Once again, may I thank you for bringing these matters to my attention, and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, where I am sure that we will be able to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We’ve become fairly regular visits to Reading and on this occasion it suited us to stay at the Holiday Inn (where we’ve stayed a few times in the past) due to its easy access from the M4, plentiful free parking and ease of getting to where we needed to go to meet up with family and friends. I’ve also been a regular business user of Holiday Inns through my employer and have generally found them to be okay.

After arriving and checking in we had a splash around in the indoor pool and Jacuzzi and made use of the gym. My impression of the pool and Jacuzzi area was that it looked tired and could do with some freshening up. The gym though, although not large, was fairly well equipped and enjoyable to use.

The rooms that we were allocated were clean and comfortable enough but nothing special. Rather basic in fact considering the price that we paid (£132 per room).

The following morning, after a pre-breakfast swim we arrived for breakfast after the morning rush but well within the time breakfast was due to finish. After standing around for a while, waiting for someone to greet us (for a minute or two we thought that breakfast had already finished), we were eventually seated amidst several unoccupied tables still waiting to be cleared.

Although the breakfast buffet consisted of a reasonable choice of items, several of the items had run out without being replenished and neither were there any plates to eat from. When the buffet was eventually restocked the food served up was of generally very average quality and the new stack of plates that eventually arrived had clearly not been washed properly and were still stained and soiled with food.

I did feel quite sorry for some of the kitchen staff who appeared to have been rushed of their feet and struggling to cope. Even so, in a well-managed hotel it should be possible to at least provide a reasonable quality and standard of service even at peak times and if standards do sometimes slip (as can happen when resources are stretched) management should be on top of this and apologies offered without a complaint having to be made.

I doubt if we will stay here again. Other hotels we have stayed at in Reading have provided better service and offer better value for money.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I was very disappointed to learn of your experiences, and would like to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have caused. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken on board, and action will be taken.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Hotel spotless, maid service, rooms standard clean everything provided.
What let it down for me, most staff speak broken English. Queued at the bar asked for a cider replied yes please, like they dont understand, asked whether there was a kids area told yes sent me in a full circle round the bar and then said its ok u stay here. Reception check in had to find my name from a list of envelopes and then not told where room was or what Tim lunch was etc, surprising that the English person at reception stood while the non English lady checked a full coach load in. I was very stressed by the hotel system felt like a second class citizen in this hotel because on a coach trip, huddled Ina separate dining area, told meal times but if weren't that at correct time would miss meal, fire alarm went off in evening no one new what to do, two English people at breakfast an old man and a young lady very polite and chatty why couldn't they be on the night before or on reception. Well done to those two members of staff, sorry didn't get there names. Had to ask for kids packs, swimming times should this not be provided on check in

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank packageholiday

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experiences with us.

I was pleased to hear your positive feedback regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and your room.

I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding areas that you feel require attention, and you have my personal assurance that your comments have been passed onto the appropriate departments.

Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business and it is through constructive comments such as yours that we are able to strive to improve the service we offer guests.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Nice sized rooms, clean and comfortable, staff are helpful and friendly. Decent wifi in the rooms too. Plenty to keep kids entertained after a day sightseeing, with a stack of board games in the lobby area, colouring packs on request, and a nice pool area. Also a small gym on site. There was a problem with the air-conditioning in the room which made for an uncomfortable night sleep on two nights.
Breakfast is buffet with a good selection catering for everyone, and a pancake maker to keep the kids happy, although this does take time to spill any pancakes out, but a nice touch all the same. A nice menu in the restaurant in the evening, with children eating free when accompanied by an adult eating off the main menu, but cost of drinks are a little steep, and an automatic 10% service charge added to the bill, a little cheeky.
Bus stop just outside the hotel with buses taking you into the city centre, not a bad location easy to reach from the M4. All in all a good stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay, particularly for highlighting our friendly and helpful staff.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Nice size bedrooms. Hotel clean and very friendly staff. Breakfast every thing you could ask for. Catered for children. Ideal for our visit to LEGOLAND. We asked for rooms close to each other and got them.

Room tip: No lift so first floor