Lowest prices for your stay
US$99
Free cancellation until 23/10/21
US$99
Free cancellation until 24/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$76
Free cancellation until 23/10/21
Hotels.comUS$99
PricelineUS$99
eDreamsUS$99
1,122 results
All reviews the holiday inn legoland package swimming pool changing rooms a ground floor room leisure facilities restaurant staff check in was quick plenty of parking buffet style stayed for one night gym junction motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Can't fault this holiday inn. If your looking for a 5* hotel or your high maintenance it's not for you. It was clean and bright on entering, looked quite posh to me, the reception staff were very friendly , helpful and it felt very inviting after a 4 hr trip. Check in was quick and informative. My room was lovely, clean, huge bed, hot drink making facilities, and yes there is a hairdryer in the drawer so don't waste time taking one like I did lol. Great facilities will use next time as going again for business twice more in the next few weeks. I was so happy that I've booked an overnight for a family function too. The staff can't do enough. The food is stunning. And they changed chips for veggies etc. very accommodating. One small thing if I'm being totally honest the baths need replacing. But did not spoil my stay. Again staff were faultless. Thanks to breakfast restaurant staff who made me a skinny cappuccino,I look forward to seeing you all again in a few weeks.

Trip type: Travelled on business
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading-South M4, Jct.11, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review on your recent stay.

I was very pleased to hear your comments regarding the service you have encountered, and your feedback will be shared with the team with thanks.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

We arrived early to give us the chance to eat before attending a seminar. The service was very poor whilst the hot food was served with frozen centres. From ordering to delivery of this 'food' was nearly an hour and was clearly a prepared meal that had been partially microwaved. The waiter also decided to straighten my credit card and managed to snap it. On complaining all I received was a half grin. I escalated my complaint later to the manager who didnt even consider it worthy of an apology. I did eventually got a refund months later following the numerous telephone to USA. The recovery costs were more than the meal. I was very disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank CDH-6
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading-South M4, Jct.11, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your stay back in August 2016.

I was very sorry to learn of your experiences, and would like to offer my sincere apologies.

Should you wish to discuss any matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0118 9870461, at your convenience.

Thank you again, and I do hope that you will return in the future, where I am sure that we will be able to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights last week. Pleasant and efficient checkin.

The room was a good size with the basics such as tea and coffee and iron. No fridge and and safe were available in the room I was staying in Room was clean and tidy but not what I would call new and modern. As my title says, it's fine for a business trip

They do have a indoor swimming pool any a small gym. It does not open until 6:30 but is open until 10pm

I did eat in the restaurant but will post a separate review on that

Breakfast was your standard fare of continental and cooked. They do have pancakes as well but I did not try these

Stayed as a platinum member. Benefits received were arrival points and water and a choc bar in the room

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank KiwiKent
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading-South M4, Jct.11, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us.
We do hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

£160 per night not including breakfast for £15.00 each, no better than a £30 Travelodge, bland and boring characterless box. Car park is convenient and the Hi tech businesses that blindly pay these prices keep it a rip off.
£60 at the weekends, ever felt stiffed?

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was most disappointed to read your comments, and I would very much like to discuss these matters with you further. I would be grateful if you could contact me at the hotel on 0118 987 0461.

I do hope to be able to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

This hotel is yet another example of a Holiday Inn in the chain which is on the decline but still very popular because of its business location. The hotel is huge and it’s a long walk to the main entrance from the car park when the front is full.

My room was just about OK but it looked tired and dated and ready for refurbishment. It certainly was not worth the £175 per night charged.

The worst thing about the hotel however was the totally and utterly shambolic restaurant service. When I went into the restaurant it was clearly very busy and so I understand that service can be a little slow but:

It took 20 minutes for someone to come and ask for a drink, a further 20 minutes to get the drink and to place an order. I ordered a soup to start and a main. 40 minutes after order the soup a waiter approached me and asked my how was may starter even though I had not yet received it. The same happened with the main I was being asked how it was before it was delivered. I had different waiting staff approaching me one asking me the above questions the other re-assuring me that food was on its way. Meanwhile all around food was being sent back because the wrong order were ending up on the wrong tables. It was like something from those Gordon Ramsey programmes except it was happening in real life. It was clear that the restaurant staff were in-experienced and not trained. Again a sign of profit driven management cutting costs and not investing a little bit of effort in quality. Why bother they are making a huge profit I am sure that is the management’s motto. In the end the whole two course meal took 3 hours.

Next time I visit Reading I will look elsewhere, it’s a shame as loyal Holiday Inn traveller but even the points are not worth it in this case.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I was very disappointed to read your comments, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies. I can assure you that these matters will be fully investigated, and action will be taken.

Should you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel on 0118 987 0461.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back on some future occasion.