Lowest prices for your stay
US$99
Free cancellation until 23/10/21
US$99
Free cancellation until 24/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$96
Hotels.comUS$99
PricelineUS$99
eDreamsUS$99
1,122 results
All reviews the holiday inn legoland package swimming pool changing rooms a ground floor room leisure facilities restaurant staff check in was quick plenty of parking buffet style stayed for one night gym junction motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2017

We were really disappointed with our recent stay. The hotel is tired looking and lacks the things in the bedroom that other holiday inn hotels have (biscuits, hot chocolate, slippers, bottled water etc). We particularly chose this hotel over others because it had a swimming pool and we wanted to swim on Friday evening and Saturday morning - however the pool was out of order, and closed both times we wanted to swim. We asked if we could use the pool of a nearby holiday inn - but we were told we couldn't and not offered any kind of solution or compensation of any sort. At breakfast the children wanted to order pancakes from the menu but we were told very abruptly that they don't do pancakes (despite them being on the menu). The room was very hot and the air conditioning didn't seem to work. To top it all off we were over charged when we checked out as they had charged us for our drinks twice. We were very disappointed with the whole experience and would not recommend staying at this holiday inn

2  Thank Andy M
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading-South M4, Jct.11, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was most disappointed to read your comments, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies.

I would very much like to discuss these matters with you further, and would be grateful if you could contact me at the hotel on 0118 987 0461.

I do hope to be able to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

We arrived here as part of a coach trip and key cards had been prepared ready for us all named and sorted. Great. Unfortunately about 1/4 of the keys failed to open the door. Once sorted we were fine until we arrived back at the hotel from a day out. Same problem as before but not necessarily the same rooms. No problem getting it sorted out but it was a bit frustrating as it's a long walk from some rooms to reception. A word of warning. There is no lift so make sure you book a ground floor rooms if you can't carry your case upstairs

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was sorry to learn that there was an issue with your room keys, and would like to offer my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Should you wish to discuss any matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Ran out of hash browns and black pudding. Eggs not refreshed. Bacon empty for 15 minutes.

No hot water for tea out of flask.

Not what you'd expect from a holiday Inn albeit a dated one.

Staff not overly bothered too

Trip type: Travelled on business
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading-South M4, Jct.11, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I was most disappointed to read your comments, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies, this is certainly not the level of service with which we are usually associated.

I can assure you that this matter will be fully investigated to ensure that this is not repeated in the future.

Thank you again for bringing this matter to my attention, and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Samantha Dunion

Reviewed 10 April 2017

I've been staying out this hotel for a few years now, when I wrote my first review back in 2015 the service wasn't great.

But over the last year I've seen a noticeable change, the food has improved and the service in the restaruant is to a standard you would expect, no more ignoring you few ages and forgetting your orders.

Now the staff are friendly and efficient, the food has improved but some of it is still not great but what I would recommend is the chefs special, you can tell this meal is one the chef cares about as its always very nice.

The rooms are functional and comfy and you have good wifi so you can work at the desk in the room. The reception staff are great always friendly and happy to help.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to hear your positive feedback regarding the service you have encountered, and the improvements that you have noticed.

Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Have stayed here before and it's kinda ok, but starting to look a little worn.
The title is in relation to walking to the rooms. It's over two floors, but seems quite spread out. This time had to walk along 4 long corridors to get to the room. We did and found that the key card wasn't working, so had to walk back get a replacement and trail back to the room again.
There is a swimming pool with a whirl pool (so had to walk back to that as it's near the entrance).
The loo roll is cheap 2-ply, which is false economy (and not very nice) as you have to use 3x the normal amount.
There is a fridge in the room, which is handy (there's also a Lidl over the road, so you can buy snacks). Looked at the menu for evening meal, which seemed a bit expensive, we caught a taxi into town instead.
Shower should come with a warning, the children had commented that it hurt, when I got mine, I liked it as it was like a power shower. There is an attachment over the bath, and I think it should advise to use that one for children.
There used to be a pub attached to it, which seems to have closed down, which was a shame. There is still a bar though.
Not sure I would choose to stay here again, unless they had a refurb (and a travelator )

Trip type: Travelled with family
HIReadingSouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading-South M4, Jct.11, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

I would like to thank you for highlighting areas that you felt could be improved, and I can assure you that your comments have been taken on board.

Should you be staying with us again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our reservations team who will do their best to allocate you a room which is suitable for your preference.

I was concerned to read your comments regarding the shower, unfortunately we do experience, as with any mechanical piece of equipment, repairs and maintenance issues however they are actioned as soon as possible to minimise any disruption to our guests. Following your feedback I instructed my maintenance team to investigate and take any remedial action necessary.

I would once again like to thank you for your comments, as it is only through customer feedback that we are able to offer a continually improving customer service.

Samantha Dunion