Lowest prices for your stay
US$99
Free cancellation until 23/10/21
US$99
Free cancellation until 24/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$76
Free cancellation until 23/10/21
Hotels.comUS$99
PricelineUS$99
eDreamsUS$99
1,122 results
All reviews the holiday inn legoland package swimming pool changing rooms a ground floor room leisure facilities restaurant staff check in was quick plenty of parking buffet style stayed for one night gym junction motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

So, the reception area is lovely, light & up to date. As soon as you move away from that there is a horrible old fashioned rooms and hallways in desperate need for some TLC.
The rubber bath mat provided in my room was yellow (meant to be white) and the bath had hairs in it.
When I went to the restaurant for my dinner the staff were friendly while one member of staff was over friendly to the point I didn't want to eat alone as it turned a bit creepy. I only stayed 2 nights and can't say I will ever choose to return.
The walls are paper thin and so can hear everything in the rooms around & hallways at all times and the heating seems to blast out at random times and temperatures.
This was not a good experience for me and will not be recommending to anyone in the future.

1  Thank loulouiq
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading-South M4, Jct.11, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was most disappointed to read your comments, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies.

I would very much like to discuss your comments with you further, and to get some more information on your experiences. I would be grateful if you could contact me at the hotel on 0118 987 0461.

Thank you, and I do hope to be able to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

I visited the Holiday in Reading junction 11 for the first time along with my family for the weekend. It’s in quite a good location fairly near the stadium & central reading. The reception bar & restaurant area looks nice. So on entrance the hotel looks nice but it seems that’s the only area that received an update as the rooms are dated so is the pool area & the changing rooms are awful . It’s OK for a one or two night stay maximum but I wouldn’t want to stay longer the hotel is very basic & worn. The gym is small pool area is a nice size but really let down by the changing rooms they are dirty small with no separate private changing area. Breakfast is nice lots of variety & kids under 12 eat free. Tried the restaurant the first night it was ok but food doesn’t match the price the fish & chip shop opposite is a much better option. I don’t like the fact that the hotel puts a hold on your card of the per night rate especially if paid in advance as the hold can take up to 7 days to be removed so found that very annoying. Our check in was very rushed even though we had to wait 15 minutes to be checked in as the receptionist gave the guests before us her life story & history of reading. We normally stay in the Hilton reading & find it’s a much better hotel rooms level of service & food are all much nicer & worth the extra nightly rate. Holiday inn is ok for the under £60 a night rate we paid rooms were clean bed comfortable but it is dated & needs to be updated.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
HIReadingSouth, Manager at Holiday Inn Reading-South M4, Jct.11, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experiences with us.

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding areas that you feel could be improved, and I can assure you that your comments have been taken on board. Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business and it is through constructive comments such as yours that we are able to strive to improve the service we offer guests.

Regarding the pre-authorisation, I can confirm that it is the policy of all hotels to take this for any extras that may be taken during your stay. Should you have any further queries regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

When you first walk in to the property, it looks nicely updated. However I think the only thing that has been updated is the front entry unfortunately.
The halls and rooms are very old and outdated. Black mold was throughout the bathroom and housekeeping only gives you one small bar of soap meant to be used for both the bath and the sink. The carpet is stained throughout the property. The hallways are not heated, so if it is cold outside, the indoor hallways are too.

My room (315) was actually hot when I arrived. I called the front desk numerous times and the phone rang so long that it disconnected me. Eventually someone answered after calling multiple times and they were very nice and sent someone right away to take a look. When the repair man arrived and verified that I wanted the room colder, he explained that he had to go to a different room and move the controls because about 20 rooms on this level are maintained by one controller for A/C. He left and came back a few minutes later and sure enough, cold air was starting to flow. Still- how odd.

Important to note about the rooms, there are not many wall outlets that work (2 total in the room I was in).

The internet is extremely slow.

The restaurant had decent food, but our waiter was not nice. He wouldn't respond to questions (not sure if it was a language barrier or not); he would just make a face and walk away. Despite confirming our order verbally, no one got the right order initially and he brought me three different meals before getting it right (I ordered a cheeseburger. The first two times they brought my food is was a chicken burger). I ended up eating last behind all of my colleagues and the burger was burnt. I ordered a Diet Coke three times and never got it.

I did like the breakfast buffet in the morning.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I would very much like to discuss these matters with you further, and would be grateful if you could contact me at the hotel on 0118 987 0461.

I do hope to be able to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

I stay in ihg hotels virtually every week and am a Spire Elite member of their rewards club.
I had the misfortune to stay here recently for business.
Without a doubt this is the worst holiday Inn I have ever visited.
The beds wee so uncomfortable with the springs being felt through the sheets that it was nigh on impossible to sleep. When you do sleep you wake the the worst back ache from the beds. Despite complaining nothing was done it even attempted to be done.
The food is also a complete let down. I ate with a Dutch colleague and he asked if all the food in the uk was thus poor! We ended up using the fish and chip shop over the road.

Do your self a favour, pay the extra and use the crowne plaza a couple of miles down the road. It's worth it.

Will I stay here again - never.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank psjadams

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I was very disappointed to read your comments, this is certainly not the level of service with which we are usually associated.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I do hope to be able to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Easy to get to from the M4, good size car park with bus stops outside to take the hassle out of parking in Reading town centre.
Easy check in, two key cards issued and both worked fine. (apparently if kept near to fancy mobile phones they fail) Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean and well maintained throughout, All clearly laid out and lit.
Large lounge/bar area and restaurant. Reasonably priced (The 'chicken sizzler' is something I can recommend.) The buffet breakfast does not have to be be booked in advance, even with a coach party there was enough available. Although I did notice Bank holiday Monday morning was a bit more organized than the Easter Sunday.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review.

I was very pleased to hear your positive feedback regarding your stay.

Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business, and positive feedback is imperative to inform our staff that they are continuing to do a wonderful job.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.