I stayed the night following a game of rugby. We were amazingly able to check in soon after 11am the morning before the game started. As we were staying at the hotel it also mean that we were able to park free of charge right in the stadium complex.
Although the hotel is built into the side of the stadium, so fantastic for the sporting events, there is nothing else around it so you are a bit isolated. It is also with 2 minutes of the M4 so very easy to get to.
The staff were excellent, the room was well equiped with a very high quality bed and pillows. The room as clean and wireless WiFi was free throughout the hotel. My only slight moan is that I felt the TV was small for the size of the room and it was not easy to watch from the bed.
Some of the rooms overlook the atrium that contain the main bar. If you want a quiet room after the game then do not get one of these rooms as it was very rowdy. Personally I enjoyed the atmosphere and the noise only lasted a few hours before the crowd drifted away.
The evening meal in the restuarant was excellent with attentive staff and a good menu but was a little pricey for what we got. A couple of burgers with fries and two small glasses of water cost 40 quid (we had no starters or puddings)
Breakfast was included in my rate and was excellent with a large selection of hot and cold food and drinks. my advice would be go steady on the evening meal and blow out on the excellent breakfast.
Overall a very enjoyable stay and one that I would definitely do again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just off the M4 motorway at junction 11, the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading is ideally located for those who want to visit the wonderful countryside within Royal Berkshire. The hotel also forms part of the impressive Madejski Stadium Complex, incorporating the Royal Berkshire Conference Centre, and home to both Reading Football Club and London Irish RFC. Nearby we have Legoland, Windsor Castle and for those who enjoy the races, Ascot, Windsor and Newbury are all within easy reach. Other areas of interest include, Henley, Oxford and London is only 20 minutes away by train.The hotel has leisure facilities which include a swimming pool and gym. The hotel also offers complimentary Wi-Fi and car parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Madejski Reading
- Reading Millennium Madejski Hotel