“One stop business shop”

Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel when on a training course. Everything took place in the hotel which was ideal.
There is not much around the hotel but it is only a short taxi rise into Reading.
Hotel was clean and staff friendly but it is very much aimed at the business traveller. I do not think I would stay here for any other reason.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
MadejskiHotel, Manager at Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

We appreciate your review and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We visited here in August en-route to our holiday. We were really pleased with the room; we'd specifically picked this hotel because it had a 'proper' bed for the children, not a put me up. The size of the beds were huge and very comfortable. We all enjoyed a swim (no restrictions on when the children can swim - another positive). Prompt check in. Fab choice at breakfast.
We all felt well rested and well fed. Our 4 year old keeps asking when we can go back - she liked it better than the holiday itself!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a lovely review.

We as so pleased to hear that your family had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I have just returned having spent an evening and a night at this hotel. I attended a corporate evening there to celebrate the National Apprenticeship awards. I will start my comments in the order I experienced them. I read that most people found it easily, and this I did until the last roundabout, when the signs I expected to find were not visible to me. I did manage to catch part of a sign that was placed at about 2 o'clock to me as I entered, all I managed to read was 'Ticket Holders'. It turns out that this is where I should have gone, and there was a second sign giving me the information I needed. ( I found this one when I returned!) A pre-warning sign would have been useful prior to that roundabout as far as I am concerned. As I'm nearly 70, I don't read small signs so fast these days. I guess I can say that I found most of the signage poor and should I say vague as far as I am concerned. Car parking was easy once there, and was secure too!
Check in was quick and efficient, with a very polite person at the desk. I was directed to the lifts to find my room. Again I found the signage less that outstanding. I suppose it is designed to blend in with the décor ..and it does very well. Perhaps it is me, but I had to look most carefully to find my room. There is a balance between signs that jump out at you and those that merge into the background, maybe it is me, but I think these are a little too much merged! My room was excellent, clean, modern and above all did not look as though it had seen better days, as some hotels do. Very good facilities too, although I did not use them on this visit.
The venue for the event was first class, and the pre-drinks and nibbles were some of the best I have ever eaten. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I heard many people comment to them just how good the food was. The food served on the evening was also excellent, and if this is read by the hotel management, my sincere compliments to the Chef.
I slept well that night as I had an outside facing room. Some of my colleagues commented to me this morning that there had been a party or gathering in the atrium later around midnight that had kept them awake as their rooms overlooked this internal area! Breakfast very good with plenty of choice. The breakfast area is more Café than hotel dining room though!
Check out was again quick and efficient and all the staff I met were friendly and helpful. My criteria, would I take my wife there = yes, would I take a holiday there = NO! It is very well looked after, but has little character. Impressive, but resembles a large corporate business building. I would go there again, on business for sure!

Room Tip: I would suggest that you ask for out facing room as they appear to have least issue with late night...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments. We are so pleased you had a lovely stay at the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading.

I have passed your feedback in regards to the signage to the Football Stadium and Hotel Management and we will assess these at great length.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I've stayed in this hotel. I arrived very late (after 10pm) as my flight had been delayed. Check in was smooth and the staff pleasant.

I was with a colleague so we decided to have a drink. The bar is soulless. It's a huge space with an atrium and a strange water feature in the middle. It's not somewhere I would feel relaxed or want to spend any time. It's very strange, there's nothing wrong with it, it just feels odd!

I was given a room on the first floor. It was the normal corporate type of room, but was clean and functional. The bathroom was spotless with a shower over the bath.

The bed was comfortable but let down with synthetic pillows that were quite lumpy. The best thing about the room were the black out curtains! I know, a strange thing to say, but sleeping in a room that was properly dark is such a bonus when staying in a hotel.

There's a good selection for breakfast. The staff are pleasant and attentive and nothing was any trouble.

Overall this is a nice hotel but there are better properties in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review.

We appreciate all comments and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Room and bathroom large and bed very comfortable. Fantastic breakfast with lots of choice and very quick service. Only slight niggle was that because football was on, bar were using plastic glasses . Understand reasons why but surely those of us obviously not attending a football match could have normal bar service.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank JoGds
MadejskiHotel, Manager at Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased you had a pleasant stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

we just got back bus full of us wonderful place quite food was 5 star so was service large room number 111 frist floor pool was out of this world clean v good lovely hotel ,staff were v nice nothing was to much for them all smile not one look as though they were at work lovely

Room Tip: we were in room 111 all at the end of floor v quite
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review.

We are very proud of our staff here at the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading and we are so please to hear you found them helpful and smiling.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I visited the hotel last night with my dad to wait and pick up a family member who was being dropped here by taxi from London. We arrived about 6.45pm and went to the restaurant to ask for 2 cups of tea. We were then directed to the bar area by a very polite young lady. We asked for 2 teas and the member of staff put the cups, teapot, sugar pot etc on the top of the bar. I asked if we could have a tray and he said that he himself would put them on a tray and follow us to where we wished to sit. The price of the tea was very good considering we were in a hotel. During the time we were sitting there waiting for our family member to arrive I asked a member of bar staff who was walking by if there was free wifi. He very politely and kindly stood by the side of me while I tried to connect so that he could give me the password and make sure I got on. He then added that any problems to go to the bar and he would help. My day and I then wandered around the hotel and looked at the menu outside the fine dining restaurant. Again a very nice young man asked if he could help and we chatted with him for a few minutes. The doorman was lovely and offered to come and find us when the taxi with our family member turned up. We then went and sat in the reception area. I spoke with the gentleman on duty behind reception regarding the fantastic offer of a nights stay with dinner etc for a Friday/Saturday night. He kindly, politely and professionally went through the offer and asked if he could check any dates for us just to give us an idea of availability, which he did. We spent about and hour and half at the hotel in total waiting for the taxi to turn up. A very pleasant hour and a half I must say. Although we only live in Andover, we would really consider spending a one night stay (with this amazing offer) at this hotel due to its fantastic friendly, polite, pleasant and professional staff. I work in the hotel industry myself and it is not often that I praise hotel staff for the job they do - well done Millennium Madejski Hotel for employing such fantastic staff.
We will be back I am sure for dinner or a stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing TripAdvisor review.

We are so pleased to hear that our Staff looked after you so thoroughly during the few hours at the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading and we look forward to welcoming you back on the Cilantro accommodation offer in the near future.

Thank you again.