Stayed at the Millennium Madejski Hotel in Reading UK. The staff was OUTSTANDING. Very friendly and professional and patiently answered quite a few questions from me given that it was my first time to the UK. They provided an extension cord and power adapter as well which was a great benefit. The room was very clean and spacious. The hotel was also close to a Park and Ride so regular bus service was easily accessible to the Reading International Business Park, Reading Town Center and the Reading Rail Station.
I want to especially recognize Patrick at the Front Desk who remembered my name from Day One and used it every time he saw me. That level of service is really unheard of these days. I also highly enjoyed speaking to David who hailed a taxi for me and shared entertaining stories about living in the UK. If you like being treated as a valued guest, this is the place you should stay in Reading.
I only had 2 negative aspects of this visit. One was the in room internet access - which kept kicking my devices off line and forcing me to "forget" and re-link via WiFi access. The other issue was it took a long time to cool the room down when I arrived back from work each day. You have to place your room key in a switch by the front door which then turns on the lights and air conditioning. I didn't get it cool enough in my room until the morning that I checked out to fly back to the US. To be fair, I didn't bring this up to the staff because it wasn't unbearable. You might ask them to have housekeeping keep the curtains closed, especially if you are facing to the West, If you think hotel rooms are generally too cold, you will probably like this just fine.
The staff in the bar and restaurant were top notch as well. I could tell that they take customer satisfaction and accommodation very seriously. I would stay here again on my next trip to Reading.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just off the M4 motorway at junction 11, the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading is ideally located for those who want to visit the wonderful countryside within Royal Berkshire. The hotel also forms part of the impressive Madejski Stadium Complex, incorporating the Royal Berkshire Conference Centre, and home to both Reading Football Club and London Irish RFC. Nearby we have Legoland, Windsor Castle and for those who enjoy the races, Ascot, Windsor and Newbury are all within easy reach. Other areas of interest include, Henley, Oxford and London is only 20 minutes away by train.The hotel has leisure facilities which include a swimming pool and gym. The hotel also offers complimentary Wi-Fi and car parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Madejski Reading
- Reading Millennium Madejski Hotel