Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$98
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$68
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$76/night.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$118
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$86
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$74
US$72
Priceline
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

US$92
US$54
Priceline
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

All reviewsle cafefootball stadiumatrium barmatch dayscilantro restaurantpark and ridejazz cafefootball matchfootball groundgreen parktwo double bedsroom serviceclub roomfree wifibusiness parkleisure facilitiesgood size
Reviewed 21 December 2008

I booked a double room on this hotel's website in November as we had also booked tickets for the London Irish v Gloucester game..

On arrival circa 1.30pm the match day stewarts(a very cheery bunch) directed us to the Hotel car park (no hassle parking considering there were 12,000 people in the vicinity). There is a small car park at front of the foyer and an overflow car park less than a 30 second walk from the entrance.

We checked in immediately, again without hassle. The room we got was fantastic. It was spacious, spotless and creatively turned out. We had a corner a room which looked out onto the entrance road leading up to the hotel) A nicely presented bathroom with with his and her's sinks. There was a well stocked mini bar and various his and her's literature. I must point out at this stage that both my wife and I have stayed in over 60 hotels over the past 15 months in places such as South Africa/Australia/New Zealand and the US, and if I'm been completely honest we are quite particular about a hotel and its service (my wife is a Sales and Marketing Manager for a hotel in Oxford).

I would personally rate this hotel as a 4* superior. I really believe a true test of a hotel's operation is its ability to handle serious number's consistently and believe me the Millennium at the Madejski has this down to a fine tee.

All the communal area's were spotless (despite hundred's of fan's congregating). We ordered a light lunch from 'Le Cafe', it was very tasty and reasonibily priced. The young red headed gent who serviced was busy, but really on the ball.

We went to the match which London Irish comprehensively won (I'm Irish so I was obviously very happy).

On our arrival back at the Hotel (a 30 second stroll from the stadium entrance) we decided to have a couple of drinks in the main bar. It was packed however after a 5 minute queue (orderly) we received our drinks. The bar was well staffed and professionally managed, there was a young duty manager who seemed to have guaged the temperature of the mob and distributed drinks in an orderly yet rapid fashion. At no stage did I hear any of my fellow supporters bemoan the fact that it was busy, again the Millenium Management seemed to have this expectation down to a fine art.

As it had been a long day we headed for our room, when we decided (due to tiredness) that we would order room service and not eat in the hotel's restaurant. We ordered our meal with a bottle of Merlot again without any hassle or hardship. The food arrived in a timely fashion. There was a slight mistake in the order (in fairness it could have been my wife's fault when ordering) and it was the handling of this situation that will ensure my return to the Millenium Madejski. Although we weren't annoyed or put out a duty manager called personally to apologise for a minor mix up and asked if there was anything else we would like. I found his approach and professionalism refreshing and friendly.

Breakfast is served on a Sunday until 10.30am.. The breakfast room (Le Cafe) was busy but again it was run without a flaw. I can put my hand on my heart and say that it was one the best presentations of breakfast I have experienced and I would compare it with Adare Manor in Ireland and the The Grosvenor house in Dubai. The selection was plentiful but not over the top. I saw the chef topping up the hot food on at least two occasions.

Check out again was quick with the receptionist asking all the right questions.

Would I stay at this hotel again, absolutely! Did I experience any negative issues, no and if I did I am sure they would be dealt with in a professional and mannerly order.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MadejskiHotel, Manager at Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Reviewed 3 December 2008

I had a room with view on an internal space, where there is a bar.
The window could not open, but I have not problems with that, provided there is sufficient air recirculation, which seemed the case.

Sound insulation was very good.

It was late autumn and the room was pretty warm (I usually kept air conditioning off, since it appeared to be working in heating mode only).

The air conditioning fan was a bit loud even at the lowest setting, nothing really bad anyway.

Flat TV with english only channels.

Wired (pay) internet Access.

Nothing particularly fancy, minimal bathroom amenities.

All the typical 4 star things were at standard level (safe for PC, minibar etc).

The bed was comfortable.

Everything was sufficiently clean.

Good and varied room service menu.

Very good breakfast.

The hotel is near the stadium and a taxi to central reading costs 8/10 UKP. There also is a direct bus service that runs approx every 15 mins to central reading and railways station.

In summary a good modern 4 star hotel, nothing really exceptional but a comfortable place to stay (I was there 6 nights) with a very good restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Alberto P

Reviewed 3 November 2008

We found the booking in very quick and easy and on first sight the room looked spacious and comfortable but when we looked out of the window (which didnt open) we found we were overlooking a function room and there was no outside view. (fortunatley there were no functions on that weekend so I can't say how good the sound proofing is) The room was very hot and we had a very uncomfortable night. we had no way of getting any air into the room and when we asked about this we were told that the smoking rooms did'nt have working air conditioning (crazy or what) once again as a smoker I am treated as a second class citizen when I am paying the same rate as a non smoker. If you don't want smokers in your rooms then please don't offer the option of a smoking room. I don't know if all the rooms on this floor are like this but it realy is very uncomforable and a bit claustrobic.
The resturant was good we had diner and breakfast there and on both occasions the staff were very helpful and friendly and the food was good.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 September 2008

Just spent a fab weekend at this hotel. Check in was very smooth and were able to access our room at midday even though it stated 2pm on the booking confirmation. We stayed in room 317 which was one that had floor to ceiling patio doors which made it nice and bright in the room. Would definately recommend asking for a room that had this. Breakfast was lovely which was included in our rate. Hotel was perfect for us as we were attending a football game on the Sat but can imagine it would be a bit of a nightmare on match day if you are not there for football. Pool / Sauna / Jaquzzi were clean and gym also looked good but didnt use. Would definately recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MadejskiHotel, Manager at Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Reviewed 11 September 2008

Lovely modern hotel, very posh.

The public bar is a wonder. Breakfast was fantastic. Staff service extremely good.

Was too much of a coward to use the hotel gym as it was full of footballers!

Would highly recommend.