US$112
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$99
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$78
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$76
US$73
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

US$93
US$54
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$67/night.

Hilton Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$116
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$104
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

All reviewsle cafefootball stadiummatch daysatrium barcilantro restaurantfootball groundpark and ridejazz cafefootball matchgreen parktwo double bedsroom serviceclub roomfree wifibusiness parkgood sizeleisure facilities
Reviewed 23 April 2009

My room was an inside room. There was no notice of this when I booked the room. I was informed there was natural light but unlike many of the rooms overlooking the atrium my room overlooked a bar and had a wall directly outside the window preventing natural light

Booked an alarm call for 7 am on my first night, no alarm call booked fo rthe 2nd night bit I got a 7 am alarm call on both days.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank scottishpoet
MadejskiHotel, Manager at Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Reviewed 23 March 2009

Perfect location for watching games at the Madejski stadium - right next door.

Staff on reception were fine, entrance hall is modern, airy, with comfy seats if you are waiting for a cab etc.

Room was easy to find, and spacious. The room looked modern, pleasantly decorated.
Very comfy bed! Usual layout, selection of tea, coffee etc. Good options for lighting the room. Even though we faced the road, it was quiet. Room was spotless.

Breakfast in the morning was good, lots to choose from.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mervalino

Reviewed 23 February 2009

Arrived on a match day, with my wife and children to arrive later that day. Formal check in with Polish or Russian receptionist. Entered my room, to find a huge bed, lounge area with a sofa, table and chairs, then the second huge bed. TFT screen on the wall and a large desk. Trust me, this room you could party with 30 guests in it. The walls are plain white with a few pictures, and has a lovely soft carpet, and THE best beds to sleep in. The en-suite was small but smart. Used the pool, but was disappointed by its tired state. English breakfast was plentiful but greasy, tasteless scramble eggs, but the sausages where very good. We will come again, but not on a match day, as my family had to wait 50mins behind a barrier for 20,000+ fans to leave. Booked it directly with the hotel and got it cheaper than the online brokers

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank DevonRoyal

Reviewed 11 January 2009

Very pleasent hotel to stay at. The rooms were clean and tidy. The restuarant served a good hearty breakfast. The rooms had internet access via the TV, pay per view movies with freeview channel tv stations. The water was always hot and there is a iron board, iron and hairdryer in the room too. But i found that the bed linen made my skin itch (it must be how they industrial wash the linen) and also the room was very dark and gloomy. It needed a bright light in it, which there was none (just small side lights).

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 21 December 2008

I booked a double room on this hotel's website in November as we had also booked tickets for the London Irish v Gloucester game..

On arrival circa 1.30pm the match day stewarts(a very cheery bunch) directed us to the Hotel car park (no hassle parking considering there were 12,000 people in the vicinity). There is a small car park at front of the foyer and an overflow car park less than a 30 second walk from the entrance.

We checked in immediately, again without hassle. The room we got was fantastic. It was spacious, spotless and creatively turned out. We had a corner a room which looked out onto the entrance road leading up to the hotel) A nicely presented bathroom with with his and her's sinks. There was a well stocked mini bar and various his and her's literature. I must point out at this stage that both my wife and I have stayed in over 60 hotels over the past 15 months in places such as South Africa/Australia/New Zealand and the US, and if I'm been completely honest we are quite particular about a hotel and its service (my wife is a Sales and Marketing Manager for a hotel in Oxford).

I would personally rate this hotel as a 4* superior. I really believe a true test of a hotel's operation is its ability to handle serious number's consistently and believe me the Millennium at the Madejski has this down to a fine tee.

All the communal area's were spotless (despite hundred's of fan's congregating). We ordered a light lunch from 'Le Cafe', it was very tasty and reasonibily priced. The young red headed gent who serviced was busy, but really on the ball.

We went to the match which London Irish comprehensively won (I'm Irish so I was obviously very happy).

On our arrival back at the Hotel (a 30 second stroll from the stadium entrance) we decided to have a couple of drinks in the main bar. It was packed however after a 5 minute queue (orderly) we received our drinks. The bar was well staffed and professionally managed, there was a young duty manager who seemed to have guaged the temperature of the mob and distributed drinks in an orderly yet rapid fashion. At no stage did I hear any of my fellow supporters bemoan the fact that it was busy, again the Millenium Management seemed to have this expectation down to a fine art.

As it had been a long day we headed for our room, when we decided (due to tiredness) that we would order room service and not eat in the hotel's restaurant. We ordered our meal with a bottle of Merlot again without any hassle or hardship. The food arrived in a timely fashion. There was a slight mistake in the order (in fairness it could have been my wife's fault when ordering) and it was the handling of this situation that will ensure my return to the Millenium Madejski. Although we weren't annoyed or put out a duty manager called personally to apologise for a minor mix up and asked if there was anything else we would like. I found his approach and professionalism refreshing and friendly.

Breakfast is served on a Sunday until 10.30am.. The breakfast room (Le Cafe) was busy but again it was run without a flaw. I can put my hand on my heart and say that it was one the best presentations of breakfast I have experienced and I would compare it with Adare Manor in Ireland and the The Grosvenor house in Dubai. The selection was plentiful but not over the top. I saw the chef topping up the hot food on at least two occasions.

Check out again was quick with the receptionist asking all the right questions.

Would I stay at this hotel again, absolutely! Did I experience any negative issues, no and if I did I am sure they would be dealt with in a professional and mannerly order.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MadejskiHotel, Manager at Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you for your review.