WOW, what a great hotel!!!
I first stayed here in December after being stranded during the snowstorms on my way home from a business meeting in Swindon. I struggled to get as far as Reading and had my pa checking the web to find a hotel just off the motorway.
Anyhow, enough about why I had to stay, I want to let you know all about the stay itself.
I checked in at 7pm and was greeted by a very busy but very friendly and efficient receptionist who explained about the facilities in the hotel and opening times etc. I booked a table in Le Cafe which is the open plan, relaxed restaurant with a light and fresh colour scheme and chose the recommended "Fish & Chunky chips" from a well thought out menu. Gorgeous!! Then I strolled over to the bar and spotted Cilantro (their fine dining restaurant) and noticed the deal for a Friday or Saturday night.
The Cilantro deal was for 2 people to have a 7 course meal AND included a room for the night and all for just £109.00 per COUPLE. I couldn't believe how it could cost so little so decided to treat my better half to a post Christmas break (I didn't tell her how much of a bargain it was until much later - lol). We checked in at 12, chilled out in the pool area and had a spa treatment from Karma therapy. Then after a fantastic meal in Cilantro we walked to the other side of the hotel to listen to some live music at the Jazz Cafe (free entry for hotel residents).
After a leisurely breakfast on Sunday morning my girlfriend then said that she had secretly bought us tickets to the London Irish v Bath game in the Madejski Stadium (linked to the hotel)!!!!
I thought I had died and gone to heaven!!!!
Simply put, if you need a hotel for business, pampering your partner, dancing the night away, attending some live rugby or football or simply a great meal then The Millennium Madejski hotel should be top of your list of places to visit!!
I've already booked to come back in March :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just off the M4 motorway at junction 11, the Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading is ideally located for those who want to visit the wonderful countryside within Royal Berkshire. The hotel also forms part of the impressive Madejski Stadium Complex, incorporating the Royal Berkshire Conference Centre, and home to both Reading Football Club and London Irish RFC. Nearby we have Legoland, Windsor Castle and for those who enjoy the races, Ascot, Windsor and Newbury are all within easy reach. Other areas of interest include, Henley, Oxford and London is only 20 minutes away by train.The hotel has leisure facilities which include a swimming pool and gym. The hotel also offers complimentary Wi-Fi and car parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Millennium Madejski Hotel Reading reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Madejski Reading
- Reading Millennium Madejski Hotel