“What a great meal!!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Our first visit - lovely food, beautifully presented. Service second to none. I had duck breast with an orange sauce and lovely crisp veg. Others in my party had posh fish and chips, gammon egg and chips and chicken dream (a luscious combination of chicken, Brie and bacon with a really nice mushroom sauce. My partner had the cheese board (great selection of cheeses with really interesting accompaniments.) The rest of us had lovely ice cream - I loved the honeycomb flavour. We sat outside on a very hot day in a lovely shady garden. I would highly recommend this lovely old pub and it's very attentive staff

1  Thank Doffy46

Reviewed 11 July 2013

After trying a nearby pub that said we could open a tab but refused to do so, we drove to the Angel Inn. The menu is decent and surroundings in the rear garden shady and welcoming. We had the Oz Burger which was delicious and came with chips we also ordered a veggie burger and two came in the bun. My son had bolognese which was excellent. The sauce was rich and meaty. Sparingly used with http://www.islandcottageholidays.com/isleofwight/cottages/vestry/ and tomato dressing. God menu, decent prices and really worth a try. A great oz welcome from the owner. Will be coming back.

1  Thank Mk1736
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Went there on Saturday evening, had a special for starters crispy egg, this was served with garlic cheese mushrooms, sweet potato and potato sticks was gorgeous. Main was slow cooked duck with braised red cabbage, potato cake and a carrot purée - everyone else had equally lovey meals home made steak burger, spaghetti and ham hock with Brie.
Menu choice isn't great with limited selection but they do offer specials, but food great. Lovely friendly staff good atmosphere

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Were directed to this Pub last Sunday as the one we originally planned to go to, for some reason, weren't doing any meals even though their board said they did.

This pub's loss was our gain, when we got to the Angel Inn. It has ample parking so not problem finding a space.

We sat out in the garden at the back as it was such a lovely day. They have three dogs, one of which is an English sheep dog and the other two are Heinz 57. I am not keen on animals, but they were so cute and well behaved that even I was converted.

We ordered one Steak, meduim rear, and it was like cutting through butter and it came with chips and a salad to die for. Next time I will have that salad and chip only. 0:)

Also had a Veggie burger which also came with chips and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was hot and nice portions as well. There wasn't room for pudding, but if they are as good as the main then as I said next time it will have to be salad, chip followed by a pudding. Lol.

If you do get a chance please visit this pub - the welcome is warm, friendly and you will come out of there feeling as though you were visiting friends.

We are definitely going again and taking friends.