“Full of flavour, wide choice of food and good service”
Review of Royal Tandoori

Royal Tandoori
Reserve with OpenTable
Royal Tandoori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 620 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Royal Tandoori Restaurant in the heart of Reading serves only the finest Indian food. All of our dishes are prepared using the finest spices from India and the freshest produce. Most of all, our food is authentically Indian. Here, at the Royal Tandoori you can even hold parties in our banqueting rooms.Why not come and sample our superb Indian food waited on by friendly staff? Call us now to make your booking!
London, United Kingdom
“Full of flavour, wide choice of food and good service”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We went there after several months and were pleasantly surprised at how extensive the menu was with a wide choice of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.It's without doubt the best restaurant in Reading!

All the dishes we ordered were very tasty and the great service with all staff quick to respond even though the restaurant was full

Prices are on the high side and comparable to London.

Note this is not your standard high street tandoori place - so do not go there expecting that.

I'd recommend it any day.

• Visited April 2014

Bracknell, England, United Kingdom
“Average Food... Expensive .. Good service”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I went there with my family, and we order pretty standard meals. The serving took some time, but eventually we got there :)

Food quality was OK. I probably didn't like it as much because of my high expectation from a Tandoori restaurant which are normally awesome and amazing. The service was good but the price at the end of the meal was really exorbitant.

Parking is always a problem in Reading, and was the same here as well. I would suggest to only go there if you don't have a better option. And unfortunately in Reading, we don't have too many options.

• Visited March 2014
Reading, United Kingdom
“Rude, bland, horrendous”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant many times and have taken family and friends a lot. I went last night with friends. The food was bland and tasted of nothing, one curry was like water. I spoke to the manager and he took my curry away and then delivered another. By this time the other people in my party had finished, therefore dining experience had gone. The second attempt at the curry was better however not as good as normal. We asked for the bill it was then thrown onto the table, not good. Full price on the bill, considering how disappointing and the fact we told the manager how diaspointed we were I felt this was unfair to pay full price. My friend challenged the bill in a friendly way, however the reaction to this was plain rude. 5 members of staff grouped round him arguing, does not make u feel like a valued customer giving feedback. At this point we were in the verge of walking out, my friend finally managed to agree the bill, however we were then told we were not welcome back! Charming, I really don't think complaining about the standard of food I am paying for is out of order, and then challenging the bill after our dining experience had been ruined. However some restaurants don't seem to be able to handle this. Will never ever be going back, and advice to anyone who expects a good meal in return for your hard earned cash, I would NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Gemma C
royal_tandoori, Manager at Royal Tandoori, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Having spoken to the staff on duty, they replaced the dishes that you complained and you were happy with the food as you finished all the dishes ordered, and when your waiter asked if everything was okay your reply was ' yes' however when the final bill was presented to you, you asked to speak to the manager and threaten(blackmailed) him, that if he doesn't reduce the bill you will put a negative review on tripadvisor.

We as company take constructive criticism but not blackmaling of any sort.
Reading, United Kingdom
“Authentic Indian food”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Went for a meal with family mid-week and was surprised to see that the restaurant was quite busy. Being a vegetarian, order veggie starters and surprisingly they were very authentic in taste...i know having grown up and lived in India for 26 years. The same was for the main course. Although a bit expensive, it is excellent for a special meal. The ambience of the restaurant was also quite neat. Danny, the manager, was really helpful and service was prompt. Just a bit of advice to other staff who were shouting out loud to serve dishes to a group of other customers. But overall good experience and will definitely go back and recommend friends and family.

A bit disappointed that the indian street food was not available in the evenings. I think they should offer at all times.

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the food and the service at Royal Tandoori Restaurant and look forward to you returning in the near future.

Kind Regards

Danny
Vancouver
“Meh”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The food was just ok. The biggest issue was with the service, which was rushed and seemed stressed-out. I hate that.

Still I'd give it another try on a weeknight maybe -- when they are not so busy.

Visited April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm sorry to hear that on your visit the service was a
bit rushed but please give me another chance and i'm sure you will have a good dining experience at Royal Tandoori Restaurant.

Kind Regards