“Great Location, good value!”

ibis Styles Reading Centre
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed at the Quality Hotel Reading for 5 nights while attending a trade show in the area. Having read the various mixed reviews I have to say that I was very positively surprised. The hotel is clean and the room as well as bathroom was very nice (see photos). There is the smell of Indian food when you first walk in but there was no smell in the room. The staff is very friendly. The Indian Restaurant serves fantastic food, confirmed by the fact that the place very very busy every night. The only negative experience I had was the Internet. With the ethernet cable connection the connectivity was constantly lost and when trying to log on via wireless I got the message that the MAC address did not match. The hotel is right on downtown Reading and 5 minutes walking distance from the station. There are many stores as well as restaurants close by. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
StuartReading, General Manager at ibis Styles Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you for your very kind words. They are much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Quality Reading.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Reading

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel on business with a colleague. The room allocated to my colleague was filthy, in particular the bathroom, where dead spiders etc were found. My room was placed above the bar which was extremely noisy, I was unable to switch rooms due to a full occupancy. I did call reception and explain the issue but nothing was done about this. Complained again the following morning, however the gentleman on reception was simply not interested, we requested to speak to the manager, who was not available. Left a contact number and had to chase the manager twice before speaking to him. Apologies were offered and free dinner on our next stay, which will not be happening.

Room Tip: Specifically request to be far away from the bar area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank James P
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Reading hotel is best for holidays, friendly staff overall hotel was good.Hotel offered Special Rates at Queen road car park Between 4pm-10am when are there.some tourist attractions are near to Hotel, i have good time in the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
StuartReading, General Manager at ibis Styles Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Quality Hotel in Reading and i look forward to your next visit to Reading

Reviewed 30 March 2012

we stayed 23rd march 2012 to 26th.we were on the second floor so with no lift and as written by other people narrow corridor"s i had difficulty getting to the second floor.the carpets looked old and the floor boards creaked.the room was fine as was the tea and coffee but more floor creaking.the breakfast was fine and the staff very friendly but as we got back to the hotel it was "oh god the stairs".the only reason i might not stay there again is the road system around reading.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit to The Quality Hotel Reading. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay even with the stairs.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed here recently as I was travelling to London late at night and the M4 was closed for roadworks so I decided to stop off at Reading and continue the journey in the morning.
This hotel was the only one Hotels.com could get in the Reading area that would allow check in after 1am.

Fortunately when I arrived there was a car park to the side of the hotel which had a space available so that was good.

When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by a friendly receptionist who explained about the breakfast etc. Then I went to my room.

It was a single room which was average size, there was tea and coffe making facilities and a bathroom with bath and shower.

There was a nice large flat screen tv in the room however I was unable to get signal, this may have been something I was doing wrong though.

I had a nice peaceful sleep and the breakfast was good. I had a part continental breakfast, selection of cheeses and hams, with orange juice and tea, I then ordered a bacon sandwich to take away as I was in rush. This was no trouble at all for the hotel kitchen staff.

Generally I had a decent stay, and would visit again.

Only downside was the price, I think the cost was slightly high for a single room, however I did book this after 12am and breakfast was included, so overall I was just grateful they could take me in the for the night!

Hope this helps.

Thanks

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank MissCALewis
StuartReading, General Manager at ibis Styles Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Quality Hotel Reading.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

My corporate travel agent booked this for me on the basis that I needed a hotel with a car park and our first choice hotels were full. I therefore turned up not knowing quite what to expect but it was actually ok. It is a touch (very) old fashioned - I had a yale key for the first time in a hotel in years and the walk to my room was down a variety of long corridors and stairways that appear to have been decorated based on end of season sale stock. There appeared to be old cast iron radiators everywhere which look like they'd seen many a coat of paint applied over time (some needed some more) and I don't think I've seen doors like that since I was at school. Someone appeared to have tried to iron on the floor in my room - there was an ironing board but also maybe a dozen iron shaped burn marks in the carpet which was a bit odd. That said, the freeview tv was good, room was clean, bathroom was clean (slight smell of paint suggesting it had just been touched up), bed was comfy and room was quiet. Don't get me wrong, if I had the choice again I'm not too sure I wouldn't try elsewhere but I've stayed in far far far worse and paid an awful lot more to do so

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
StuartReading, General Manager at ibis Styles Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us at The Quality Hotel Reading and i look forward to you coming back in the near future

Reviewed 14 December 2011

Rank. Old. Damp. Stinks of curry.
Do not stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011
StuartReading, General Manager at ibis Styles Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Once again than you for your feedback although i think your comment a bit over the top.

The hotel has been closed for the past 2 weeks to start its refurbishment programme which is an ongoing project.

The indian restaurant which is very popular with hotel residents and receives a lot of favourable comments.

As i stated before should you want to contact me personally please do not hesitate to contact me at stuart@georgehotelreading.com
Regards