All reviews hotel is centrally located oracle shopping centre budget hotel an overnight stay ideal location bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Not been to an IBIS in a while and this was my first time to one of their Styles branded hotels. As the hotel spans over various building, there was plenty of stairs to get to my room on 2nd floor.
Room as as you would expect, clean, and practical. Nothing to write home about.
Breakfast service was ok, and staff helpful and friendly throughout my visit
If I were to return to Reading, I would consider to look for an alternative next time.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Stuart S, General Manager at ibis Styles Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience on your overnight stay here at the Ibis Styles Reading Centre and as pleased to learn you had a comfortable overnight stay

Look forward to your return trip

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I wanted to book a three night stay outside (but close to) London. We made the mistake of booking the Ibis Styles Reading Centre because we believed that it's central location suited our needs.

This hotel is located in an old three story building which lacks an elevator. Only some of the rooms are air conditioned and we were assigned one without AC. Our room was hot and stuffy. The frame for the exterior window which might have brought in some fresh air was broken. When the window was open, we could listen to the sound of dripping water and other air conditioners running from outside. The interior carpet was soiled and badly in need of a thorough cleaning. Needless to say after one sleepless night we moved elsewhere.

We would never, ever stay at this Ibis location again. I would highly recommend anyone planning to check in to insist on physically inspecting their assigned room before checking in and paying. This is not a good hotel and it reflects poorly on the Accor and Ibis brands of which my wife and I are loyal fans of.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review and for sharing your thoughts with others.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel, an easy walk from the Station, is a hole in the wall, and difficult to find until you’re there. It’s very modern, high tech, clean, and relatively inexpensive. The modular bathrooms are hard to turn around in, and there is little flat space other than the bed to put things. It’s quiet. The breakfast was expensive and not great.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Stuart S, General Manager at ibis Styles Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you for your recent review in connection with your overnight stay here at the Ibis Styles Reading Centre. I was delighted to learn you thought the hotel was very modern clean and inexpensive

I will discuss the breakfast issue mentioned with the staff concerned and apologise for any inconvenience regarding the quality

Look forward to your return visit

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

Last visited in November. Good clean establishment and tables for 42 people well laid out. Good three course meal plus coffee and mints. Good service and well presented food with satisfactory quality and quantity.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Hello John

Thank you for sharing your recent luncheon experience with others and I was delighted to learn your lunch was a great success and that all members enjoyed the meal. I confirm I will pass on your kind words to all the staff concerned

Look forward to seeing all members again in November

Reviewed 30 April 2018

This is a lovely Hotel, spotlessly clean, lovely staff, Love the Indian theme decor. Car park small, but arrangements are made to park behind. I recently mistakenly gave this review to The other Ibis Styles, so I apologise. The hotel is central and was only 5 mins walk to the venue where we were going to a family party. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Was not there long so did not explore other rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Stuart S, Manager at ibis Styles Reading Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Thank you for your recent review and was delighted to learn you had a most enjoyable overnight stay and confirm I will pass on your kind words to all the staff concerned.

Look forward to your next visit