“Best place in Reading”

Ranked #204 of 629 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Proudly independent, Quantum Web Cafe is Reading's longest established Internet Cafe, first opening our doors in February 2000. Since then, many updates, services and decor changes have occurred, but we still pride ourselves on excellent service and a friendly atmosphere, whether you're using a PC, or just coming in for coffee or a meal. The first floor consists of PC's, Xbox and a hire-able private office for sole or for meetings, and the ground floor consists mainly of cafe seating (including tables outside) but with a few PCs for quick access. Quantum was runner up in 2011, 2012 and 2013 in Reading Retail Awards and winner in 2014 of the 'Favourite Coffee Shop' category. Come and try our quirky little cafe and watch the world go by!
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I often go there for the internet, and the food.
They have WiFi, which other reviews have not mentioned. Which is free and unencrypted. Although you don't have to buy anything to use it, it is polite to buy something, even if it is the cheapest thing on the menu.
The staff are always polite, the boss is a big friendly knowledgable chap.
The piped music is not drivel and not too intrusive.
The 'wired in' terminals are excellent.
You could just come for a coffee or something to eat and not use the internet terminals.
In short, it is an attitude free zone, and always welcoming.
If the patio doors are drawn shut you can have a cigarette sitting at the pavement tables (the town ordanance forbids smoking in such a way that ingress of cigarette smoke is possible.).
You can scan, up and download, skype, webcam and just about anything without the tedious restrictions sanctioned by council libraries.

There are newer reviews for Quantum Web Cafe

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I often use Quarks when I am in Reading. You always get a very friendly welcome and the staff seem to love Children too. There are crayons and colouring books to keep them amused whilst i check my emails and even have a coffee! The food is reasonably priced and I can highly recommend the baked potatoes. Great 'all round' cafe which has a very european feel to it.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

After technical problems at my offices, Quarks internet cafe was a life saver. I managed to get all my training done. Thankyou. It was reasonably priced and the food was amazing, would recommend the melts!!!

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Cool place, really easy to find and great food. Very handy for business and I like the staff a lot. They are very helpful and informative. I use this place a lot for meetings.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

I live in Spain, but am quite often over in the UK to see family. I always go here when I’m over, they always remember me and make me feel welcome. Sometimes I use the PCs (which are fast and clean I should also mention) and sometimes I just go to eat. I’ve probably tried everything on the menu, but the olive oil basted baked potato with tuna mayo or the veggie English breakfast are probably my favourites. It’s a hidden away location even though it’s smack in the town centre, and it still feels like it’s ‘my’ secret place! Highly recommended for lunch or breakfast.

1  Thank MichelleJavea_Spain