“Reading Regular”

Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Sandwich, United Kingdom
“Reading Regular”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Very good as a straightforward, friendly and unfussy place to spend a night or two. Bed was good, breakfast was nice, location in Reading is fine (University and shopping centre only 5-10 minutes walk). Only downside on my last stay was the shower gave a single torrent of water - more like a high bath-tap. The gym deserves a special mention, good variety of equipment (but not everything is in service all the time) and my wife and I usually have it all to ourselves. The computer terminal available for guests was also a good feature.
Good value for money, especially if you join their book on-line club and look out for special offers.

Room Tip: Ground floor at the back, and then you won't have to move your luggage far from the car park.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at the Hillingdon Prince for the 3rd time early this year. I keep coming back because it's the best value for money if you need just a place to sleep. It's a 2*, so fairly basic, but it provides everything you need in a hotel & room, comes with lots of character and atmoshphere as well as good & friendly service and the best prices. Make sure you always use the Pclub offer when you book online. Some minor niggles were general condition of rooms, hallways etc is a little dated, showers aren't great in some rooms (power shower or very old appliances) and generally depending on which building you end up in, the quality of rooms can vary a bit. Everything taken into account, I would always recommend this hotel though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
katy b, General Manager at Hillingdon Prince Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Glad to hear you use the PCLUB offer, did you know along with discounted rooms when you book via the PCLUB promotion you now receive SUPER FAST WIFI FREE of charge. See our website for more information.
Kind regards
Blackpool
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very clean and friendly hotel, staff are very helpful and polite. We only stayed one night on this visit but will be going back. The hotel has a lift and free Wi-Fi, the bar is ideal to have a quiet drink and the En-suite bathroom was perfect with nice big shower.Thank you for making our stay in Reading one to remember and we could wish for northing more in any hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hi, Thank you for your review. OUTSTANDING, thank you so much I am glad you had such a great stay and found our hotel to be clean and very friendly. Hope to see you soon.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Extremely friendly and welcoming staff, always eager to help. My gripes are mostly about the services: my room was forgotten about on my first day: no cleaning, no replenishment of tea and coffee - but thereafter that part was fine. The TV, despite several re-tunings by staff and me, failed to receive any BBC channel acceptably, and failed with some other freeview ones too. And twice the morning alarm call - which staff said was automated - did not come through to my room. But the room was reasonably pleasant, there was wifi so I could work at night, and the fridge and microwave meant I could live cheaply but comfortably.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
katy b, General Manager at Hillingdon Prince Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
I am sorry to hear that there were a couple of areas that we fell down on and I would like to assure you that these have now been fixed. I thank you for bringing them to my attention. I do hope you will come and stay with us again and should you wish to do so please email me directly so I can upgrade your room and offer you a special price. I like to think that all our guests leave satisfied with the service they receive. - katybeeson@hotmail.co.uk
Towcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Very welcoming and staff went out of their way to help. Room clean and well organised, plenty of tea and coffee plus a microwave (nice touch). Booking on line saved money as well. Aim to stay there again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for making the time to review our hotel, the feedback is always very helpful.
I am glad to hear that you made use of the microwave in the room, many guests find this very useful along with the fridge. We welcome guests to bring in their own good and cater for themselves, although we do serve breakfast and bar meals if people require.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed at the Hillingdon prince hotel last Sunday and fully recommend the establishment. Warm welcome and budget to suit all certainly ensures a good stay and nights sleep. The location and free wi-fi is a bonus.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hi, I am pleased to hear that you had a good comfortable stay and you enjoyed the benefit of our free wifi. Next time make your booking through our website (using discount code PCLUB) and you will receive SUPER FAST WIFI FREE of charge.
Kind regards
Read
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Having read previous reviews we were a bit concerned about our booking. However, on our arrival staff were friendly and accommodating throughout our stay. I loved the building, even if it is a bit dated the staff were far more friendly than the over priced commercial rubbish we've previously stayed in!!!! (Holiday inn)

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
I am pleased to hear that you were given exceptional service, this is something very important to us and we work hard to ensure everyone is looked after in the same way.
Come back soon!