“Good for money”

Hillingdon Prince Hotel
Ranked #15 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Hi me and a couple of friends stayed for one night for a birthday to go to the town centre it cost 6 pound from the hotel to town centre which was really good the staff were very helpfully and happy .THe rooms were lovley and big for two of us to stay in the Barth room was very big good shower and Barth I would defiantly stay a again and planning to very soon all I can say is maybe a more variety if drinks served at the bar thank you and I'll be coming back soon laura

• Stayed: February 2014
katy b, General Manager at Hillingdon Prince Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Hi Laura
Thank you for making time to write us a review. I am interested to hear what drinks you would like us to serve at the bar as I would be happy to provide these for future stays. If you could jot me an email I would appreciate the feedback, katybeeson@hotmail.co.uk
Many Thanks Katy Beeson, General Manager

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Exterior nice, but did not like to see dirty linen thrown on the floor whilst walking to reception and throughout the upstairs. So lost ratings there.
A bath was requested on booking as well as it stating there was a bath included, but had to ask to swap rooms upon arrival as there was not one in room given. Soon sorted new room.
Room good, clean, a little outdated in second room and not as warm as I would have liked in the Feb months but first room really nice. Microwave, fridge and utensils provided, a nice touch.
Car parking a little tight so arrive early. All in all, very cheap and comfy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed her just for the one night, the room clean, beds comfy, shower good, breakfast smashing. All staff very polite and friendly. Great advantage of having free parking at the hotel which is a 10 minute walk from the town. No doubt I will be staying here again and hopefully not too long before I do. Thank you - Full marks.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for rating us with 5 blobs. Its good to hear you had a great stay. We have ample parking and its just a short walk to town or you can jump on a bus, often helpful when you return with all your shopping from the Oracle shopping centre!! Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Very good as a straightforward, friendly and unfussy place to spend a night or two. Bed was good, breakfast was nice, location in Reading is fine (University and shopping centre only 5-10 minutes walk). Only downside on my last stay was the shower gave a single torrent of water - more like a high bath-tap. The gym deserves a special mention, good variety of equipment (but not everything is in service all the time) and my wife and I usually have it all to ourselves. The computer terminal available for guests was also a good feature.
Good value for money, especially if you join their book on-line club and look out for special offers.

Room Tip: Ground floor at the back, and then you won't have to move your luggage far from the car park.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at the Hillingdon Prince for the 3rd time early this year. I keep coming back because it's the best value for money if you need just a place to sleep. It's a 2*, so fairly basic, but it provides everything you need in a hotel & room, comes with lots of character and atmoshphere as well as good & friendly service and the best prices. Make sure you always use the Pclub offer when you book online. Some minor niggles were general condition of rooms, hallways etc is a little dated, showers aren't great in some rooms (power shower or very old appliances) and generally depending on which building you end up in, the quality of rooms can vary a bit. Everything taken into account, I would always recommend this hotel though.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Glad to hear you use the PCLUB offer, did you know along with discounted rooms when you book via the PCLUB promotion you now receive SUPER FAST WIFI FREE of charge. See our website for more information.
Kind regards
Katy Beeson

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Very clean and friendly hotel, staff are very helpful and polite. We only stayed one night on this visit but will be going back. The hotel has a lift and free Wi-Fi, the bar is ideal to have a quiet drink and the En-suite bathroom was perfect with nice big shower.Thank you for making our stay in Reading one to remember and we could wish for northing more in any hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hi, Thank you for your review. OUTSTANDING, thank you so much I am glad you had such a great stay and found our hotel to be clean and very friendly. Hope to see you soon.
Katy Beeson

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Extremely friendly and welcoming staff, always eager to help. My gripes are mostly about the services: my room was forgotten about on my first day: no cleaning, no replenishment of tea and coffee - but thereafter that part was fine. The TV, despite several re-tunings by staff and me, failed to receive any BBC channel acceptably, and failed with some other freeview ones too. And twice the morning alarm call - which staff said was automated - did not come through to my room. But the room was reasonably pleasant, there was wifi so I could work at night, and the fridge and microwave meant I could live cheaply but comfortably.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
katy b, General Manager at Hillingdon Prince Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.
I am sorry to hear that there were a couple of areas that we fell down on and I would like to assure you that these have now been fixed. I thank you for bringing them to my attention. I do hope you will come and stay with us again and should you wish to do so please email me directly so I can upgrade your room and offer you a special price. I like to think that all our guests leave satisfied with the service they receive. - katybeeson@hotmail.co.uk