Hillingdon Prince Hotel
US$119
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Restaurant
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$79
US$66
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$95
CrownePlaza.com
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$100
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$112
US$144
US$137
Official Site
US$73
US$66
1,004 results
All reviewsfridge and microwavebudget roomplates and cutleryreading universitytown centrefree wifiplenty of parkingbit datedfull englishdouble roombreakfast was excellentcomfortable staycooked breakfastcomfy bedstayed here for one nighthobgym
Reviewed 15 February 2006

I tried to book a room here for a February stay. On calling the hotel for rates, I was informed that the internet may have better deals. So I looked, and I got a much better deal, which I immediately booked. Having received my booking confirmation, we began to look forward to out stay. Then, the next morning, we received an email from the hotel saying there had been a computer error and we couldn't have the room at the rate at which we had booked. I tried to reason with them, the customer service was appaling, and they refused to accept their mistake and honour the booking. To add insult to injury, almost a week went by and they had still NOT rectified their system fault, thus were falsely advertising their rates, and also, I uncovered that their computer reservation system had/has a glitch as I could enter my email address & reservation number and access the whole database of individual's personal details AND full credit card particulars!!!!! I was indeed appalled that after reporting this, they took their time to rectify it. I no longer wish to know if it is still in error, as I believe they don't want to know about problems, just brush them under the carpet. Do NOT go to this hotel, if you want your personal details private and a good rate on a room booking.

• Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank aspensamantha
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston
Reviewed 30 November 2005

Tried to leave a message with night assistant manager for my wife who was returning to the States next day. Took me 20 minutes to explain a one sentence important message concerning pickup arrangements. Assistant manager did not seem to be interested. He refused to read back the message to confirm content. Extremely unprofessional and rude. His attitude seems to confirm other negative reports about this hotel.

Stayed: November 2005
Reviewed 19 August 2005

Upon entering the off site apartments there was a distinct smell of urine.
From this point on things got worse. When opening the apartment door you were greeted with a delaperdated and unsanitary vision. There was dirt everywhere, the carpets were covered in who knows what. The apartment looked as though it was a reject from a DSS hostel, dark, dingy, unclean and uninviting.
There was a musty stale odour throughout the entire apartment, there was no way to open any of the windows (They were locked and painted shut)thus now fresh air could be allowed in.
The toilet / showeroom was mottled with mildew and mould, certainly not fit for human occupancy. The kitchen area was dirty, very cramped and again had a musty odour.
It took 2 large bottles of strong bleach to begin to make an impression on the dirt and mould in the toilet / shower room. The kitchen took care of another bottle of bleach, then the surfaces and door handles required cleaning with a general purpose cleaner which contained bleach too.
Basically this Apartment was a disgusting tip, which took me 4 hours to clean and make habitable.
I cannot speak for the rest of the hotel rooms but I would strongly advise that you do not consider the apartments for occupation as you may well have competition from the numerous RATS that reside in the grounds.

Go there at your peril.

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled on business
3  Thank Andygfisher
Reviewed 6 July 2005

This hotel is like many in Europe--converted buildings that lead to odd shaped rooms, various stairs, showers in strange places, etc. That doesn't bother me.

The rooms vary tremendously. I stayed in 3 different rooms over the course of my visit (long story). I had booked the budget single with the dinner-room-breakfast special. The price was high for the quality of the hotel, but all hotels in Reading seemed pricey. It was the most convenient location for my work, so I took it.

One room was above the lobby--up the stairs one floor (later found you could use the lift further back in hotel and maneuver up a few stairs here and there instead). The room was small but sufficient with twin bed, bedside table, small desk, drawers, tea/coffee maker and marginal TV. Separate small entry room (awkward double door entry) had wardrobe. Separate shower/toilet. Unfortunately, it was hot so window needed to be open and too much traffic noise for me.

Another room was still in main building, but away from street. Smaller, no storage drawers, and shower stall was at foot of bed.

Third room was upgrade to superior room. Much larger, more furniture, nicer full bath still in the main building but on the back wing. These rooms are MUCH better than the budget rooms, if you can afford or get a special.

Breakfast was good with quite a fruit/bread/yogurt selection along with full English available. Dinner was not as reliable with good fruit followed by undercooked breading on fish one night. One night I had the dining room to myself. Can also use dinner credit at Indian restaurant 5-10 minute walk away.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Worked with me and my constantly changing schedule.

• Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank Metwo3
Reviewed 22 November 2004

Stayed in this hotel with some colleagues in October, 2004. The only saving grace this hotel has is the location - a ten minute stroll into the town centre.

The hotel comprises of several blocks or annexes - a confusing labyrinth of corridors and steps to negoitiate in order to find your room.

The rooms should be condemned. Mismatched furniture, showers not working - and worst of all - carpet in the bathroom. Yuch. Disgusting.

All in all would not return.

• Stayed: October 2004, travelled on business