“January stay - two nights”

Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Crawley
“January stay - two nights”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

A friendly and efficient hotel. Food reasonable and appetising. Double Rooms functional, clean and reasonably sized. Good for a short stay and close to all amenities.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the main road - can be noisy
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Stayed here for one night with my sister. It was clean and comfortable and although the view out the front is of unattractive flyovers the view from our fifth floor room was quite pretty -of the church with the snow falling. All the staff we encountered were friendly and a problem with our TV remote was swiftly fixed. We went for the meal deal including breakfast which was good value and dinner was definitely on the large side and well cooked- good quality basic 'pub food'. Breakfast was excellent. Would definitley recommend this hotel for a shopping trip to Reading as it is very close to the Oracle and centre of town.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floo at the back which had little traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Blanden, Belgium
Reviewed 5 March 2012

After a bad experience two years ago in another hotel in Reading, I had my doubts about hotels in Reading, but I can conclude that I had a very nice stay in this hotel (Premier Inn Central Reading). It was on the good side of the city and well connected with the bus to get to the ECMWF, where I needed to be, and at the same time you arrive very quickly (5 mins) in the center.

Even though it is located on a busy road, I don't have any complaints about noise, as I asked for a quiet room and got one (top floor, back side of the building). I loved the bed btw! I had a wonderful night sleep :-)

Also no complaints about the wifi. I made use of the half an hour free wifi and it worked perfect for me.

If you are searching for the hairdryer and can't find one in the bathroom, have a look under the table with the coffee and tea in the main room...

Breakfast was very nice, (especially) if you like English Breakfast. I would have preferred more choice in the trend of croissant and other pastry for breakfast. Except for toast, there was no choice for "normal" bread. I have tried the omelet with cheese from the kitchen and I liked it.

I would definitely choose for this hotel again, next time I need to be in Reading.

Room Tip: Based on tips from other users, I asked for a quiet room when checking in. I got one on the top floo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel has a great location just across from The Oracle which is full of Restaurants, Bars and shops.
The hotel staff are very efficient and helpful. Room exceeded what we would expect from a budget hotel at the price.
We did not have dinner but the breakfast was excellent. Great choice and standard of food plus very good service. Much better than the highly acclaimed Bills Restaurant and Store which was so disappointing
We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

we arrived during the day to check in and put bags in our room before grabbing some lunch and doing some shopping. The receptionist was very helpfull and directed us the quickest way to get to where we wanted. The car park is quite small and if its full you have to use the oracle car park and pay the hourly rate which can work out quite expensive so beware, either arrive early or turn up atround half 5 when the shop next door shuts and their reserved customer parking is then available to whoever gets to it first. we had to pop out and expressed our concerns with the lady on reception of not being able to get a space when we returned so as we had children with us she followed us to the car park and put a cone in our space so it would still be there wehen we returned, result. also although there are signs you may miss them as we did you need to get a coin from reception to exit the car park and you have to pay £5 to use the car park at some point during your stay. the rooms were lovely, spacious enough with a blow heater/cooler on the wall right by the bed. the beds are very comfy and there are always 2 spare pillows antop of the tv unit if you need them. A very good location, we went on new years eve and managed to get to the pubs, clubs and resturants and back with ease.
a very nice night, will be staying again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed here middle of Feb with members of my family. Not sure whether it was because we were on a higher floor but it was very quiet and we were never disturbed by any noise.
Good location for shopping, etc in the centre of Reading, based just behind the Oracle complex.
Breakfasts were the best i've had in a Premier Inn and i've stayed in a lot! Very yummy :)

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor room :)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Not far from the railway station - a bit of a walk but nothing too bad with light luggage. Close to shops, restaurants and pubs. Like premier inns the rooms are clean and comfortable. Parking situation seems a problem although I hadn't brought my car on this occasion the car park looked like it was over flowing.

• Stayed March 2011