“Excellent varied menu”

Red Rose
Ranked #200 of 622 Restaurants in Reading
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent varied menu”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Always lovely food & great service - can be noisy Friday & Saturdays when the 'lads' are on a boozy night out. Hence we usually go midweek.

Visited July 2012

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Good, solid restaurant”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This used to by my local Indian restaurant when I was growing up, and I have may fond memories of eating here. Back then, it was the best around here and there were nowhere near as many Inidian's as there are now. Maybe I have eaten in too many others that have raised their game because I expected more.

Decor is clean and inviting, but unfortunately as diners we were outnumbered by staff on a Sunday night. The food was good, and the service excellent but there was nothing that leads me to give it more than an average mark. This is probably unfair, but I'll stick with my 3* rating.

I would happily eat here again.

• Visited September 2012
Reading
“Great curry”
Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

We eat here often and enjoy both regular takeaways and sit downs in the Resturaunt. Always a pleasure and the staff are friendly. Never had a bad curry here and there is lots of variety and different flavours and tastes to enjoy.

“Beautiful food”
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

Personal service, always remembers us and makes us feel very welcome. The food is beautiful and some of the best Indian we've had!

rox_uk
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I recently had an evening out here with a group of friends and thoroughly enjoy it! Staff were friendly, helpful and attentive. The food was superb and we didn't have to wait too long between courses. The service was excellent. I highly recommend coming here for a meal - we will be back again very soon!

Don't be put off by how far down the ratings list this place is...it's only because it hasn't had many reviews, not because it truly deserves to be ranked so low!

• Visited July 2012