“A little jewel of a museum”
Review of REME Museum - MOVED

REME Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The REME Museum tells the history of the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers from their birth in 1942 until the present day. The collection on display includes tools used by REME soldiers, an extensive weapons display and historic the repair and recovery vehicle collection.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We took our 9 year old here and he loved it. It is full of different things to see and do, children can do a quiz as they go round, it's very reasonable to get in. A lovely place to spend a few hours.
Only :-( was that there was no Tank, which is apparently important for a 9 year old boy.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Forty years to the day I returned to the REME guardroom now used as the cafe and shop for the museum .This is a top class museum well laid out with plenty of activities to keep the kids amused.There are a wide range of vehicles on display lots of audio /visual items and a large range of hands on stuff .As pensioners my wife and I decided not to try out the assault course but it did look great fun.This is a great place for ex REME personnel to spend a day and brought back lots of memories

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Lots to see and do - especially if you go during the holidays when they generally have children's activities such as spy decoding, assault courses & parachute making!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We came across this by chance and ended up spending half day learning much more than we thought we would. A great museum with lots for children and adults alike.

The main exhibition included medals galore, and great interactive activity - across the courtyard, the vehicle exhibition was amazing.

There is a model show coming up 13 April of military and transport as well as the museums own model collection.
All in all.... fabulous

1  Thank TeessideTravellerMCD
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We visited the REME Museum in half term because of what we'd read about it on tripadvisor. I took my two boys (6 and 8) and my two daughters (10 and 12). There was loads for all of them to do - in fact we didn't get to do all of it. I've got a total of 5 children - and days out are expensive. But not here - it was brilliant value for money - even the food. As I went round I had to marvel at the imagination of the people behind the museum. From hiding bugs for the children to find when looking at the vehicles, to making parachutes, helicopters, word searches, an army parade ground, an army assault course - the list goes on and on. We went in half term, so I'm not sure which activities were just for half term, but it really was a good day out. Oh, and the junk modelling. They all found plenty to do

1  Thank Jon S