“A wonderful peaceful venue in the middle of Reading”

Kearley's Coffee Shop
Ranked #24 of 31 Coffee & Tea in Reading
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
Description: Kealey's shut on 31st March 2015. It has been taken over and re opened at The Kooky Cafe. We serve delicious home made foods, fair trade coffee, and lots of yummy cakes. Pop in and say hi!
Baughurst, United Kingdom
“A wonderful peaceful venue in the middle of Reading”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Found this little gem of a place by chance. It is fairly close to the town centre yet hidden away. We have had tea and coffee many times in the 'chains' in Reading over the years but now we have found Kearley's we will be going there.

We had afternoon tea which was excellent, small freshly made sandwiches with petite cakes and scones and a pot of tea. This was served up with a friendly smile in a nice Olde Worlde atmosphere. The ambiance is enhanced by the fact that the tea shop is co-located with a florist and there was a beautiful aroma of Spring flowers wafting across the eating area.

1 Thank Anthony A

Reading, United Kingdom
“Charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Kearley's for afternoon tea and it was absolutely lovely. The inside of the shop was beautifully decorated, and because it is inside Sonning Flowers it smells lovely. The mini sandwiches and cakes were delicious and they make a great pot of tea.
This was all washed down with charming service and warming smiles.

1 Thank jonmcnamaradale
London, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

First visit to kearleys tea room was for afternoon tea. Warm friendly welcome from the owner, food very good will be back.

1 Thank gallusflower
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“Popped in to have a drink and pass the time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I was meeting some friends for lunch that day but I was early and trying to save money. As this venue was near I popped in. I had a pot of tea and a sandwich while I read and passed the time.
Thank God that I as known as I found that I had left my purse at home. They were kind enough to allow me to pop to my bank for some money

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank JacquelineAnnReading
Reading, United Kingdom
“Lovely little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Popped in here on a whim, having walked past many a time.

The lady who served us was lovely and very friendly, and because half the premises is a florist it has a great atmosphere, although not for those with hayfever!

The miniature scones were really cute and delicious, and went perfectly with a nice pot of tea.

• Visited July 2013