Beech House Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$108
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$141
Agoda.com
US$78
US$70
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$96
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$95
PremierInn.com
All reviewsbath roadbeefeater restaurantsmall hotelsitting roomcharming hoteloff road parkingpower showerbreakfast roomtrouser pressample parkingfull englishpersonal preferencemain roadsingle roomthe ground floorsized bedbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2011

How nice to find a individual hotel with great rooms all different and a very nice owner to greet you. Very reasonable price I will certainly book again, but remember this is a room and breakfast only hotel. The breakfast room is very nice as was the food but they do not serve evening meals.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BarcodeUK
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Very high standard of decor for the price, excellent reakfast and service, Wifi and parking included free (and not used to screw extra cash out as with some). Excellent room size for the money. Conveniently located. Only downside is single glazed windows, given it is on an A road. Fortunately it's far enough off the road that the traffic noise isn't too bad.
Would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ArkwrightZoborodsky
Reviewed 18 August 2011

2 day business trip - helpful, friendly staff. Really good rate!!

Nice and quite - private car park - and railings where I could chain up my motorbike,.

Room basic but clean - all the facilities you need - bed, chair, TV, kettle, ubiquitous trouser press (does anybody actually use them?). wifi.
Only thing missing was a desk - but as I did not need to work from the room this was not a problem this time.

Breakfast good, no restaurant or bar - Beefeater across the road for meals.
But too far to walk to go into town center.
Great for short visits, I'll probably stay again. But if I was in Reading for longer periods, I would probably stay somewhere nearer the town center - (pubs, restaurants etc.) - but not anything the hotel can do about its location.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan F
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Having read reviews I thought I was booking into a "boutique-style" bed and breakfast but was somewhat disappointed with various aspects of our visit. I had specifically asked for a room with bath (I have a phobia about showers) and we were initially shown to Room 9 which turned out to be drab and rather grim. It was very shabby and the bathroom was not en suite but across a small landing. The toilet was in a room on the other side, and as far as we could see, had no lock on the door.

We sat for a while but the bedroom was so depressing - dark brown and cream - my daughter asked if we could move to another. The owner/manager was very helpful but explained this was the only room with a bath! He did however move us to another room with a shower only,which was much nicer, and said he could allow me to use the bath on the Saturday morning but not on the Sunday morning as the hotel would be busy and the adjoining bedroom would be let. I agreed this would be ok and went for the bath at 8.00am the following morning to find the water only lukewarm.
I reported this problem and it was soon rectified. However the bathroom was at the opposite side of the hotel to where our new room was, so not terribly convenient. My son meanwhile was in a single room on the ground floor and c omplained it was cold and noisy, and he had very little sleep. An electric heater was offered.

The breakfast was excellent. The dining room was pleasant and the service very good. Prepared to overlook the initial hiccups which were rectified to a certain extent and carried out amiably, I went to settle the bill on the sunday morning to be asked if nail polish had been spilled on the bedcover. I hadn't used nail polish but when questioned my daughter said she had, but was unaware of spilling anything or it would have been removed immedately with nail polish remover. We asked to view the bedspread and discovered a small stain (on a striped cover) which had been left after housekeeping had attempted to clean it. I was then asked for £40 to cover the cost of the cover going to a dry cleaners for spot cleaning!

I would have thought that hotel contents were covered for accidental damage through insurance and was surprised to be asked to pay for cleaning, a move which rather left a bad taste after what had been a fairly uninsipring visit.

Overall this stay was something of a mixed bag. I would certainly not recommend this hotel - nor would I stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kate109870
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stayed at the hotel for the purpose of a local wedding. Double room with Breakfast - £65.00 per night. Hotel was imaculate. Very quiet despite being on a main road. Breakfast was fresh and very tasty! Would def stay again if i was this neck of the woods again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple