Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
£104
Josephine W
Bahrain

Lovely quiet ambience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Sept 2023
A well appointed hotel in a great position in the town. A warm, friendly welcome on arrival by the owner, who kindly carried my bags up to my room. The room (12) was spacious and light; plenty of space to sleep and work. The bed was very comfortable, and shower strong and hot. I appreciated the fan in the bedroom as the first couple of nights were very warm. Wifi worked well, with no interruptions. Reading down centre is only a 25 min walk away; providing plenty of opportunities for restaurants etc. I would certainly stay here again when in Reading.
Date of stay: September 2023
    £46
1.5 miles from Beech House Hotel
Free parking
View more hotels in Reading
All reviews breakfast room is breakfast was excellent would highly recommend this hotel royal ascot room was large comfortable rooms good nights sleep beefeater ensuite cereal duvet mushrooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2023 via mobile

Very warm welcome. A really lovely and clean hotel. Good breakfast and Wi-Fi. Good parking and a beautiful garden,
The service was thorough and friendly.
It’s easy to reach as it’s right in the Bath Road. They only do breakfast but there’s a Beefeater steakhouse directly over the road.
The hotel has no alcohol license so over the road if a swift half is needed.
All rooms have hair driers and irons are available on request.
We stayed in one the slightly more expensive rooms and was completely worth it.

I’ll stay here in Reading when visiting family.

Room tip: Off-street parking and a calm garden. There are a few steps on the ground floor to navigate. The best rooms are worth it but are upstairs
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2023

It was great to be back at this lovely hotel again. We stay once a year when we come down for Royal Ascot. It is the perfect base as we travel to the meeting by train from Reading. Just a ten minute taxi ride to the station. The hotel is very quiet, spotlessly clean, has a beautiful garden and is very well run. The breakfasts are excellent with a good choice . . . having the 'Full English' is a great way to start the day! We would highly recommend this hotel without hesitation. 5*

Room tip: Ground floor rooms have excellent views of the garden.
Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2023

Nice hotel away from the center but near enough to get there either by bus or taxi.
Free parking a bonus. Nice personal welcome and shown 3 rooms to choose from.
You don't find that in many hotels. Old building is lovely and a nice garden too

Date of stay: February 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2022 via mobile

A comfortably traditional hotel on the outskirts of the town with onsite parking. Get away from the bland uniformity of the hotel chains and stay in this lovely old building with individuality running through it. A warm and helpful welcome, spotlessly clean room and comfortable bed. Freshly cooked breakfast was excellent.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2022

I had booked the Beech House Hotel for two nights. At first glance hotel seemed OK. Room was OK. On first night, however, I was kept awake by strange movements and noise outside the room which went on for hours. I went out for day following morning and was at Windsor Castle when I was interrupted by a lengthy phone call from someone claiming to be manager of Beech House Hotel. He said he had private video camera footage of me in my room that he was willing to sell to me for £80. I'd never heard anything so ridiculous. I thought it was just a prank call. He asked me when I would be back at hotel and I said 2330 that evening and he said he would meet me there but unless I paid a substantial increased amount above the hotels.com rates I couldn't stay another night and wouldn't be able to get my belongings including essential medical supplies and would be thrown on the street. It really upset my day and my whole weekend. I was really in shock and have never had this sort of experience in hotels anywhere in the world although I did read about hidden cameras in rooms being quite common these days. At 2330 I arrived at hotel and was met by a dodgy Asian guy who sat me down and for about an hour coerced me into signing a load of contracts which I didn't even read. He said he has my card details and would be charging the increased amount to me. I just needed my medication that he had seized. They'd been through all my belongings. Minus 4 outside no choice but to stay. Left early. Bad.

Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Wesley G
Beech Hotel, Owner at Beech House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2022

We are in the process of disputing this review directly with Tripadvisor as the information contained is not factual. This review has been written in response to the reviewer being charged a penalty for smoking in the room despite stating categorically he was a non smoker and having signed the no smoking policy which states the applicable penalty is on the Guest registration form at the time of check in as every guest does. There are no cameras in the hotel rooms and our staff did not attempt to extort the reviewer at any time.