“99p Pizzas? I'm in!”

Cuisines: British
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“99p Pizzas? I'm in!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Experience has taught me to usually be wary of cheap-looking chicken takeaways. You know the sort: the ones that sell chicken wings, burgers, kebabs, pizzas, wraps, etc. ESPECIALLY when they seem to be doing ridiculous offers (60 Chicken Wings for £2, that sort of thing). However, a friend of mine told me that Chicken Base do pizzas for just 99p, so I thought I'd try it.

Insides were exactly what you'd expect: cheap, not dirty but not exactly clean either, with the counter hosing many menus along with ketchup, salt, vinegar and etc. Ordered one of the 99p pizzas, waited about 15 minutes for it. The result was not great, but not terrible either. It certainly wasn't Dominos standard, but it was far from inedible - and for the price of a Dominos you could get 20 of these. Average pizza for an affordable price, pretty good if you're just looking for a cheap meal before a night out. However I believe the offer is only for collection, not delivery on takeaways.

• Visited October 2013