“bad service. rude staff & even worse manager”
Review of Bow Guest House

Bow Guest House
Bow Guest House
Ranked #16 of 17 Reading B&B and Inns
Horley, United Kingdom
“bad service. rude staff & even worse manager”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I booked 2 room for this hotel. Confimation was given. 7 days later they rang and asked me to cancel as they'd given our rooms to other people. When I refused to cancel I was put onto the manager. He was the most unhelpful, rudist man i have every come acros, he shouted & swore at me.
In the end I did cancel and after reading some of the other reviews, thank god I did

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Big clump of hair in shower. Looked like snot on curtains & head board. Top cover on bed dirty. Coffee/tea marks on furniture. 5star sticker, but it was for 2007, it shud be minus 5 now. Window had a horrible mouth mark on it. Wardrobe dirty.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Eileensowden

Travellers are raving about these Reading hotels

Reviewed 22 July 2011

The owner's customer care was non-existent. The room was terrible and with no separate bathroom. The toilet was behind a half-painted door, and the shower tray in the corner of the room. The soap dispenser did not work. The bed's quilt was dirty. Could not bare to spend the night. Overpriced for the quality of lodging one gets. For £27 more I can spend the night at the Malmaison hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Melita191
burnley
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Do not even consider it advertised as en suite when I got there the en suite consisted of a sink in the room and had to share a toilet and shower with I was told one other this turned out to be 4 others
Not in a nice area of Reading, when I returned I discoverd the other 2 rooms on my floor were occupied by 4 young men who spent the whole night running in and out of each others rooms shouting at the top of their voices,and trying my room door. It was very scary if I had not had a drink with dinner I would have driven the 300 miles home at 2am as it was i was up and out at 6am did not bother with breakfast
Avoid at all costs

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank clarets3
North-West
Reviewed 1 November 2008

Room was clean, but not very cosy: there are a few cons that made the hotel a bit uncomfortable (funny smell, a bit noisy, ...) There's free internet connection, but didn't work properly. I guess there is better value for the money in Reading.

• Liked — walking distance to the city centre
  • Disliked — smell, furniture
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2008

I stayed in Bow Guest House in late March for 4 nights. The good things are the staff are nice, the full english breakfast is quite good, the location is just 5-10mins walk to town centre and Reading Station.

But the downside is that it is located in Russell St in West of Reading, where the place you are not generally feeling very safe, especially at night. It is very obvious that when you walked from town centre, went into Oxford Road, you will find that the place is not as clean as in the town centre or other residential areas in Reading. The room is not big, just with an acceptable size. No chair in my single room so that all the time I have to sit on the bed.

One special thing happened to me was that one night in the corridor I met a man, who living next to my room, seems drunk, and would like to enter my room. It made me so scared. And the noise insulating is not very good, so I can always hear what other people is saying outside my room.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Evreux
Reviewed 18 October 2007

This never happened to me in my life: I arrive at 10pm at the hotel in the pouring rain, and I am told that my reservation, which I booked over the phone and for which I had a booking confirmation from the hotel, had been "transferred" to another hotel. Not only didn't the staff member care one bit about it, but he also gave me inaccurate directions to the other hotel. I was told at the other place, that it wasn't the first that this happened.
If the interior is equally serviced as their customer service, then I can only say: Don't go to this place!

• Stayed October 2007, travelled on business