“Good value hotel.”

Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good value hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Cant complain, friendly staff, clean room, comfy bed & good breakfast, even has a bar.

Certainly much nicer than the Travel Lodge we stayed in a couple of weeks ago, better value to when you factor in the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JoeM83

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Letchworth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Having booked two rooms; one for myself and my wife and another for my daughter and son-in-law, we checked in at 10pm ready for my daughters graduation the next day. However we soon found out that they had made a mistake with our booking and only had one room to offer us. A kind member of staff offered to give us up his room, and we felt in no position to argue at that time of night. We had to wait for an hour for him to clean his room out. In the middle of the night we got awoken by someone ringing the door, and a face on the TV screen from the camera by the door. Quite frankly the whole stay was a shambles and could be likened to something from a carry-on movie and considering all of this we got no refund on the £70 we had paid for the room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Reading hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Good location, quite close to town centre. About four buses run into town. Friendly, polite staff. Reasonable price. However, after two stays, I've decided I will not return. The room is very dusty. I called reception on my second night a few days ago and found a ball of dust stuck under the handset literally the size of a cotton ball. During my 4 night stay the only room keeping that has been done is making the bed up. Sheets not changed, no vacuuming, dirty used glasses not washed, dust everywhere. I just feel dirty and its all I can think about when I'm trying to sleep....

Room Tip: Room 3 is tiny.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

This is cheap and cheerful. For the money this is fine, the breakfast is good and the staff friendly.
The hotel is getting old though and needs a refurb.
The rooms are small (I think they were double rooms which have been partitioned - since I could hear the people in the next room talking...and I had to watch the same channel on the TV as them since their TV was blaring through the wall).

My main tip is do not get a room near the railway tracks....I had one of these and didn't sleep a wink.

Room Tip: My main tip is do not get a room near the railway tracks....I had one of these and didn't sleep...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

Room 7, the smell of mould & damp knocks you back. The room is small with en-suite, the carpet is grubby with bits on it, so it hasn't been vacuumed . The decor is poor. The bathroom is horrid with a stained toilet, the shower door only opens so wide due to the Glass door banging on the sink. The shower pressure is pathetic with a little more than a dribble coming out. The bathroom door doesn't fit the frame so the door doesn't close. All in all this place is terrible. They are very happy to take your money and other poor value. Won't be staying here again.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Saywhatisee
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

For the price you pay, this hotel/guest house is surprisingly better than many 4 star hotels. Comfortable beds, spacious rooms, top quality breakfast and a short distance from Reading centre. If you can do without a proper bar you'll be quite pleased with the Bath Hotel. I would certainly stay here again on business as it's functional, clean and does what it says on the tin.

• Stayed September 2012
England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

My collegue and I stayed at this hotel for four nights whilst working in Reading. The hotel is well presented, clean but probably due for a little tlc here and there. The staff are pleasant and helpful. Our room was on the front of the hotel and the room itself was very clean and tidy. The bathroom was clean and modern but a little small. Its worth bearing in mind that the rooms on the front of the hotel as ours was get traffic noise but there are plenty of other rooms if you are a light sleeper. The room included a flat screen tv, free Wi Fi, tea and coffee making facilities and plenty of storage for your clothes etc. The breakfast area was nicely presented with a choice of tea, coffee, juice, yougurts, cereal, fruit and cooked breakfast. Most mornings I had scrambled egg on toast which was very nice and I had a full english breakfast on my last day which I probably would not recommend. There is a small bar area in the hotel which sells wines, spirits, canned bear and soft drinks. There is also a bus stop outside of the hotel that will take you into Reading centre for £1.00. Overall my stay at this hotel was pleasant.

Room Tip: Rooms and the front get a lot of traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business