Crescent Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$118
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$80
  • Restaurant
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$118
  • Pool
US$187
US$99
Travelocity
Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$64
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$68
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2011

The room is not bad, bed ok, seems clean, has a very cheap and small TV on one wall, certainly not sound proof, has a shower and bathroom, might be hard for some people to walk up the numerous compressed and narrow staircases.

Went down for breakfast, about seven manual labourers finishing off but no sign of any . staff. They left and no one came through, so I shouted into the kitchen. An oriental lady came out and said 'Breakfast?'. There was clearly no choice available and no menu. About five minutes later a full breakfast emerged swimming in oil and fat and grease, either it had been stewing since 7am (I got there are 7:35) or had been dunked in the pan the guys had been served with. Slimy bacon, horrible fried eggs, mushy tomatoes, mushy beans. I managed to force down the sausage but left most of it. Awful. Lucky I did leave it as I was coughing up after due to all the oily crap.

Don't know if it always this bad, got more 3 days, but likely to buy a box of cornflakes tonight. Cheers all.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the bottom floor
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Perfect place for the price they charged.
I do not understand when people booked cheapest room available but want standard of 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank Lightining
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Really shocking. The eoom was small and dingy and the shower was worse than washing yourself in the sink. I was awoke at 2 am by some very load guests whi I can only assume were staying here at the tax payers expense. They were not from this country and were extemely load for about an hour. Stay away.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Excellent value for money. You get what you pay for, only paying less than £40 per night the hotel was ideal for what was required. The rooms were small and dated, however spotlessley clean. The breakfast was excellent with a good choice. Service was good. Ideal for those wanting a budget hotel, do not expect 5* quality for the price tag and you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Pech020
Reviewed 10 November 2010

First impressions were not good. The entrance was very dated and extremely shabby for the supposed £79 for a twin room price tag. However, being too early to check in, I asked to use one of the toilets. I was directed downstairs, pulled at the door and with difficulty it finally opened. Once inside, I tried to pull the chain, it was not working. I then struggled to exit the toilet (which didn't have a lock I might add) as the door was stuck fast. Having finally (with some brute force) managed to exit the toilet, I made a hasty exit. I returned that afternoon, again too early to check in, asked to use another toilet and was directed upstairs. I tried a door (with a no smoking sign) which I assumed was a toilet; it was in fact a cupboard with a man sitting in the dark smoking!!! I decided that even though I had paid £110 for a two night stay, I would prefer to lose the money than stay in this hell hole!!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!