Parkside International Hotel
Hilton Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Pool
Ibis Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$71
ibis
US$109
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$89
CrownePlaza.com
Novotel Reading Centre(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$96
pentahotels Reading(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$82
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
US$119
US$107
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Reading Central Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$64
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsprospect parkslight smelldouble and single bedfree wifigood sized bathroomfunction roomstayed for nightsmain roadtown centrefull english breakfasttea and coffeesaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

There is a reason that this place is ranked on Tripadvisor as 26th out of 32 hotels in Reading. I thought as I emerged from the dribbly shower having been hugged by the plastic shower curtain, 'this place would be okay if it was in Moscow or Kinshasa'. But in Reading, albeit a place whose charms are elusive, one optimistically expects more. I shall be imploring my business manager to put me back to the Best Western next time. The fabric of the place is okay but clearly the management are clueless or disinterested. The clues are unfriendly and unmotivated staff and lack of attention to detail.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank foxontherox
Reviewed 13 July 2014

On arrival the hotel looked in a poor state of repair. Reception area clean and bright.Check in was very smooth. Directed to our double room on 2nd floor. Unfortunatley the same couldnt be said for our room. On opening the door to our non smoking room we were hit with the smell of stale cigarette smoke and on opening the windows to try to freshen the room we found cigarette ash all along the window sil and the view of cigarette butts everywhere in the courtyard below. The surfaces were dirty in the bedroom with cup stains still there from the previous guest. The smell in the bedding was too strong for us to stay so we asked to change rooms. The reception staff were more than obliging and immediatley moved us.
No smell in the next room but the room was in serious need of a deep clean and replacement of cigarette burnt furniture and badly stained carpet throughought the room. Only one pillow per person and one was so lumpy it needed throwing away. We couldnt open the curtains up as there were many window opposite and we could see others in their beds too as there were no nets or blinds to give any privacy. On a good note the self service breakfast was of a reasonable standard.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

I have to say I stayed in lots of hotels but this hotel has to be the filthiest . The throw on the bed had bodily fluids , I could not even touch the shower curtain with black mould and god knows what.it was noisy with doors banging and thin Walls . The breakfast was worse if you could believe that , all the delph was dirty. I've never been so dissatisfied

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank CorlessGalway
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The hotel is tired at best. Sparse Old fashioned bedroom furniture, bedside table had cigarette burns, poor lighting, 1980's T.V . No hot water in shower at night and whilst I thought my luck was in because the shower ran warm in the morning this was short lived as the tap the fell off the wall. Towels old and greying. Budget facilities for not budget price, needs to have some money spent on it even if that means increasing prices. Staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank NJSPOP
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I arrived at this hotel later in the evening (around 8pm), and the car park was almost full - full of work vans, lots of them - so I can't describe it as a business person's hotel, more of a workman's hotel.
Check-in was OK, no airs or graces, I had to ask about food times which is normally a standard piece of information at check-in, no advice re wifi, bar times nothing. I figured I would read about it in my room - that was a mistake.
My room was less than OK, but I was tired after a long drive and figured put up and shut up. Having not found an info booklet or anything I headed down and I popped my head into the restaurant to see what it was like - I didn't stay, instead I went to the local fuel station to get some food - I reckon it was more inviting.
So my room - hmmm, a Crossroad throwback with problems galore. As I walked in the door, dragging my bag behind I walked into the wardrobe that was directly in front of my face as I opened the door, oh well... let's see what inside the room is like. It didn't get much better. Carpet was not good, bed spread was like something that Miss Diane or Benny from Crossroad would have been accustomed to and the curtains didn't reach the floor, even though the window did... and the wardrobe was coming off the wall along with one of the wall lamps - visible wires - always safe!
Sleep wasn't very good as it was noisy from people in the corridor and TVs in the adjacent rooms. Morning came and so to the shower.
Now the bathroom looked OK, probably more recently renovated, BUT the water from the hand basin was non-existent, and the shower was cold - I tried and tried but could not get any hot water. Great start to the day - a cold shower NOT!
I gave this hotel 2/5, as it isn't the worst place I have stayed but it is in the bottom 5. I was glad to leave and it is unlikely that I will return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business