“Home from Home - Ian Thompson (Contractor)”

Crown Lodge Guest House
Ranked #6 of 17 Reading B&B and Inns
Derby, England, United Kingdom
“Home from Home - Ian Thompson (Contractor)”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I have been staying at the Crown on and off now for almost 3 years so well over 135 nights. Its run by a very friendly couple who always give a warm welcome for you what ever the time. I have stayed in most of the rooms and all are clean, tidy, warm and comfortable. Also I've even had my family members stay over. Breakfast is very good never missed one in all the years I have been there! Private car park with CCTV and lights is a big plus as most of the parking in Reading is permit holders only. Never had any complaints about the Crown. I highly recommend this guest house

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Liverpool
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This is NOT a 4 star hotel!
Bedding dirty - yellow duvet with stains and holes in it.
Shower curtain rail kep ton falling down on people's heads.
Room in attic had dangerous ceiling - could be easy to bump your head on.
Bathroom tiny - barely any room to move around in.
Breakfast okay but cheap ingredients. Surprised food like yogurts were not kept refrigerated or at least in ice!
Showers not powerful enough and kept changing temperature - either scolding hot or freezing cold!
Room 5 had a radiator which clunked & clanged all night, despite not even being turned out or emitting heat!
Would advise that this is more like a 2 star hotel.
Definitely not value for money, would NEVER stay here again and would NOT recommend this to others!

Room Tip: We had 5 rooms in total and would NOT recommend any!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Elizabeth E

Travellers are raving about these Reading hotels

Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I am businessman in Kenya and I had the opportunity of the staying in this wonderful bed & breakfast. Everything from the food, to the room and the staff were impeccable and I must say that I enjoyed my stay here thoroughly. It really made me feel as if I were staying in my own house. I would highly recommend anyone going to Reading to stay here; the location is close to the city centre and everything is accessible. I look forward to coming here next again during my travel to Reading.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I travel quite often to the UK in business matters, as our Norwegian office is just being established.
During my last business trip to the UK I had the pleasure of staying in Crown Lodge Guest House in Reading. I was greated by a very service minded staff, and given a fantastic room. I especially liked the comfortable beds, as a good rest was much needed. The room was tidy and well organized.
The breakfast was excellent, and I was alway met by a smiling face.
Thank you so much for making my stay as comfortable and pleasant as it was:)
I highly recommend this guest house, and will surely return againg.

Room Tip: Let the staff know what you prefer, and they will more than happily help you!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Erik J
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I have stayed at crown lodge twice over the last year and found this place excellent. Very comfortable and clean. Location was good, easy to access and short distance to town centre. There was a free, monitored, private car park to the rear. Stayed in room 6, which looks great, bed very comfortable; bathroom clean, good shower. Couple who run the hotel are very friendly and helpful. Both cooked and continental breakfast was very good!
Highly satisfactory stay. I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is my second stay at Crown Lodge Guest House Reading. I stay here last year and that time they make my stay Awesome.
This time I come back and was thinking to myself, "something has to happen wrong" but they prove me wrong!
You might think that i am a salesman, but I have to say that once again I am blown away.
Super friendly staff, superb rooms, great breakfast, private parking, high speed internet connection, what else a person need on a business trip. I though should keep telling all my work colleagues to stay here.
I still don't forget the breakfast it's fantastic. Even tough I had a tight schedule but their timings were superb, Once again the staff is very friendly and professional, I really enjoyed.
Thank you Crown Lodge Guest House for your remarkable job, as usual I see you soon!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2013

i have stayed at crown lodge few times over the last year or so and found this place better every time, this is a family run set up and manager/owner is always keen to help. whole place including the front entrance appear to have gone through face lift in the last year or so and i must say they have done a good job, i always stayed in room 6 which is advertised as double deluxe, in all honesty not quite what i call a deluxe room, however is quite nicely presented and functions very well, cooked breakfast is very good,

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple