“Perfect in every way”

Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Dorset
“Perfect in every way”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Stayed here 1 night on 14th July 2011 to celebrate my 6th Wedding Anniversary with my husband.
From the moment I walked through the door and asked where we could park and a valet was sent back out with me to park the car for us I knew this place was going to be good!
Staff - very friendly and helpful at all times, say what they are going to do, and do what they say. We were also able to check in an hour early which was a bonus.
We were given a complimentary afternoon tea in the Secret Garden (which is lovely and tranquil) and I'm more of a G&T person than afternoon tea, but it was truly divine, hot scones with clotted cream and home made jam, eclairs, fingers sandwiches of all varieties, and lots and lots of tea - definitely worth it.
The room was lovely, 4 poster bed, robes and slippers provided, a little fridge with water and milk, a little kettle and tea and coffee provided, soft fluffy towels and The White Company toiletries. I love everything about this place, the opulence and sheer decadence is tasteful and hubby definitely appreciated the B&O equipment!
I loved this place and the location, spent a lovely evening at The Riverside and am hoping to come back in October. The only slight niggle I had was I could only find one plug socket, so when I wanted to charge my phone, straighten my hair and put the fan on I couldn't - but hey what's frizzy hair for one day!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reading, UK
Reviewed 18 June 2011

We stayed at The Forbury Hotel, along with several family members, as part of our Silver Wedding Anniversary celebrations. All the rooms were absolutely lovely, with beautiful furniture, really different touches and everything you could possibly think of to make your stay special. The event itself was seamlessly arranged by the events team. We had a private area of the hotel restaurant and use of the 'secret garden' with its cushioned seating and heaters and gorgeous water feature. The tables looked fantastic, the bar staff 'worked their socks off' creating amazing cocktails for our family and friends, and the food was sublime - we had so many lovely comments. The Forbury Hotel is a very special hotel which you'd never expect to find in the centre of Reading and is so worth a visit. Thanks again to all the staff that made our celebrations so very memorable. See you soon.....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Best of boutique in Reading of all places. Very stylish rooms. I love B&O and this was set up nicely. The selection of CDs impressed. I ended up buying a couple on iTunes. The fast wifi making this happen easily. Service positive. Think young attractive service centred. For example I arrived late first night and porter had gone home. No problem receptionist took my keys and found somewhere to park my car. I mentioned I'd had a hard day and was offered a G&T. Perfect.

• Stayed June 2011
Cambridge
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This really is a good quality hotel. Would obviously not be so reasonable unless the whole hotel trade quiet, but great for me on a mid range budget. I stay in a lot of hotels and am very fussy. This one is hard to fault from reception to cocktails to dinner to room quality to an excellent english breakfast. High end furniture fittings and accessories inc B&O tv's and sound systems. Open fires in the bedrooms, I could go on, and no I don't have any association with the hotel !!

Room Tip: Study the floorplans of each room to get the best
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CambridgeMeatman
Oxfordhire, England
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I loved this place. The decor is right up my street.Perfect! Could not fault the whole experience from staff to bedroom.bathroom and facilities. A real luxury stay with friends.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I stayed at the Forbury with my wife a few years back and we were incredibly impressed and copied their bathroom design for our new extension we were so impressed.

I'm pleased to say it's not lost any of it's magic, the furnishings are opulent and extremely comfortable and the best of all the hotels I've ever stayed in.

The food at both dinner and breakfast time was superb and the staff were friendly and helpful throughout.

For me, it's the best hotel in Reading by miles and I wish we had more Forbury hotels in other cities - it's one of my favourite hotels of all time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank darrenj
Slough, UK
Reviewed 6 May 2011

An amazing little Hotel in the heart of Reading. Well looked after and the Superior rooms were amazing - I didn't think Hotels like this existed outside London. Valet parking, CDs and DVDs in the room to use at leisure, great facilities within the room and the food was absolutely gorgeous. A great hotel in a good location close to the station and nightlife / sops etc.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business