“An excellent hotel in the heart of Reading”

The Forbury Roseate
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Reading
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Forbury Hotel has to be one of the best hotels in Reading. It is set in the centre of Reading, in a beautiful building. The service is excellent. Nothing is any trouble whatever the time. The food was good and the rooms very comfortable and spacious.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I'm lucky enough to have stayed in some lovely hotels. The Forbury is definitely up there with the best of them.

Staff are beyond helpful, the room I was allocated on the 2nd floor was beautiful. The bed was amazing, so comfortable, beautiful linens, a gorgeous duvet and down filled pillows.

The bathroom was huge, I'm 5ft 8" and I could float in the bath, a total treat. A rainfall shower and Molton Brown toiletries made it extra special.

As I was here for business and was on my own, I had room service for Dinner and Breakfast. Both meals were delicious, served promptly and were beautifully presented.

I really can't recommend this property highly enough. I'm looking forward to my next visit!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had a lovely stay at this hotel for a family celebration. The decor is sumptuous - beautiful fabrics, atmospheric lighting and sculptures - and nothing is too much trouble. I felt that all the staff we encountered genuinely like their jobs and want to make your stay special, and there is no air of snootiness that you sometimes get in 'high-end' hotels. There is plenty of space here - the rooms and bathrooms are large and the common areas are also spacious. If I really had to fault it, I would agree with other reviews that the rooms were too warm at night……..but that certainly didn't ruin our stay there.

Room Tip: We had several rooms and they were all gorgeous.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I can't thank the staff at The Forbury Hotel enough for helping to make my mother's 75th birthday a thoroughly special and memorable occasion. The opulently decorated rooms are exquisite and bathrooms divine. You can feel like royalty as a guest in this establishment. My mother enjoyed afternoon tea and breakfast in bed in her gorgeous suite (No. 38) and all the special touches we'd arranged were discretely delivered. Beautiful hotel, excellent restaurant (which was a very pleasant surprise), outstanding service. Can't speak highly enough of The Forbury and its people.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights when in Reading on business. First impressions weren't great as the receptionist wasn't very friendly! My room itself was spacious and very nicely decorated. The bathroom was very nice with a big rainfall shower, seperate bath and heated floor tiles!

The big problem I had with the room was the lack of temperature control. There's no airconditioning and the heating controls are set centrally for the hotel. The nights I stayed, the heating was on full blast making the room far too hot! I also found the bed far too firm.

The food from the restaurant was excellent and the cocktails at the bar were very good too!

Next time I'm in Reading, I'll stay at the Crowne Plaza where I get a good nights sleep and visit the Forbury for dinner!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank portex
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Plenty of bars and restaurants close to it in walking distance. Lovely old style hotel, very nicely renovated. The room Nr 16 on first floor was spacious. The bathroom was modern with a nice shower and a bath. Water, coffee and tea in the room, as well as a safe. Internet free with perfect connection.
Only downside is that the temparature cannot be controlled in the room individually. The room was quite overheated on arrival, with the only option to open the window.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

My bathroom has an incredibly noisy fan that cannot be turned off & now it is night time it has wafted the smell of cigarettes into my room - disgusting.

The hotel is nicely refurbished but the reception desk staff are frosty & inept.

Room service menu is mainly just sandwiches.

Will not stay again

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dan S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reading
Malmaison Reading
#7 of 31 in Reading
The Vineyard Hotel & Spa
The Vineyard Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Stockcross

Been to The Forbury Roseate? Share your experiences!